intrum justica

gooser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I have just received a rather formal letter from Interim Justica who claim to be acting on behalf of Ebay. The say I owe £46.84 and if I don't pay within 10 days a county court claim will be issued and I will have to pay the following:

Ebay £46.84

Court Fees £20.00

Solicitors Costs £50.00

Total Amount £116.84

I don't owe Ebay anything. They either have the wrong person or it's just a mistake. I have phoned them who told me to contact Ebay. I have had no response from numerous emails to Ebay and the 10 days are nearly up.

I know that they have put bad marks on my credit rating and they refuse to remove them.

Any advice would be fantastically appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Here's what I sent Intrum Justicia when they contacted me about an apparent eBay account:

RE: Alleged outstanding eBay account

Reference: xxxxx

Creditor Reference: xxxxx

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing in response to your letter (copy included) of 6th October 2006 in which you claim I owe the sum of £30.73 with regards to an eBay account in my name. Please be advised that I do not have an eBay account, nor will I be paying any money to Intrum Justicia or eBay International AG.

Please take this as a formal warning that I do not take too kindly to un-solicited letters from companies requesting money. Your letter offers no evidence (nor does it offer to provide any) of any alleged debt/outstanding account. To put my mind at rest, as I’m sure this is all a mis-understanding, I require you furnish me with a signed agreement between eBay and myself that outlines the account you mention.

If you cannot/will not supply this information, I will have to make a Data Protection Act 1998 Subject Access Request in order to find out how you obtained my details, and where this alleged “debt” came from. The Subject Access Request is a legal procedure which you, by law, have to follow. I fully intend to carry out this procedure if I find the documentation you supply (at my informal request) fails to address my concerns.

At this time - as there is no documentation to support this claim - I am unable to assist with this matter. Please ensure that any future correspondence includes all the relevant documentation – Failure to provide this will result in me having to take legal action as I consider your efforts at money extortion to be tantamount to harassment. Please also be advised that calls to my telephone number (shown above) may be recorded.

Due to your lack of signed documentation between myself and the original creditor, you may formally consider this “debt” in dispute – and as such, you are not permitted to attempt collection of this money without first referring back to the original creditor. If I do not hear from you within 7 days, I shall consider this matter closed and no further correspondence will be entered into.

It's fairly agressive in it's wording, but it gets the message across.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

Still waiting, actually... Just outlining to them that you're no pushover is usually enough to make them cough-up some evidence, or slink off into the night. If it really is a simple case of "same name, wrong person", then you have nothing to worry about.

The BidsterMeister

Helper of the hapless and hopeless...

• 1 year later...

Just reading your post , I have had exactly the same problem - I have written a strong letter and also made a complaint against one of there employees , as to how I was spoken to.

Anyway , how did you get on?

Thank goodness I found this site!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I am new to the forum but was browsing through when i saw this thread about intrum justicia.

I have had numerous dealings with them, in particular when Virgin Media set them onto us for supposedly failing to pay a bill- when our accounts were still active,the services still being delivered, and the money going out by direct debit!

In my experience with this company,i would strongly suggest to anyone who has dealings with them to stand your ground and fight it out if you believe you have cause to..

They are a debt collection agency amongst other things- and as such they operate as one-threatening letters,uncompasisnate call handlers etc.. whatever it takes to get YOUR money!.

I congratulate the write of the letter within this thread.Its fantastically written and a brilliant counter threat to put the wind up them.

In my experience in the past, these collection companies ppray on peoples ignorance of consumer credit law to get money out of them.In part, their operations include reliance on the naivety that not everyone they threaten will know the law or their options, and as such can be tricked or frightened into paying up.

Whats more, Intrum Justicia was last night featured on BBC Ones Watchdog, over the way that it handled supposed debt collections on behlaf of Brittania Music ltd, the online company which folded earlier this year..

The compaints highlighted within Watchdog are disturbingly identical to the cases highlighted here- Intrum Justicia sending out threatening letters, which contain no proof, or evidence of the debt. This is NOT correct!

And im glad that someone is standing up to them. The letter is FANTASTIC and will warrant a meticulous reply frm the company jobsworths rather than a standard pc generated template letter, which they send out all the time.

I will follow this thread with eagerness for the outcome!

Well done again.

• 10 months later...

I have just accessed information about Intrum Justica on the web and found this forum so first let me say hi to everyone.

Over the last couple of months I have received a number of demands from this company. Like other other forum users I do not owe any money to the companies concerned and I have written to Intrum Justica in strong terms informing them of this.

My instinct tells me that this company is using illegal tactics in an attempt to scare people into paying up when they do not owe anything. I suspect strongly that it is a complete con trick. I wonder how many people, particularly the elderly, have fallen for this and paid up out of fear.

I have reported the matter to the police.

• 2 months later...

Hi I Have Recently Received A Letter From Ij Stating That I Owe £8.00 From My Ebay Account Due Late Payment They Say It Is A Admin Charge As The Non Payment Was Paseed To Them On The 24th Of October 2008 My Cheque Cleared With Ebay On The 28th Of October In There Letter They Are Ststing Legal Proceedings Do I Pay ?

hi peps, i had an issue with paypal and ebay last year. i sold some wii's and xboxs which i bought in bulk to raise some cash, as we all like to do.

the items were bought by someone which was fine. a few weks went past then i get an email from paypal for a dispute against me saying the items had not been deliverd.

to cut a long story short i was conned and the buyer said he never had them, i deliverd them personaly so didnt get a signiture.

i argued with paypal and ebay about this but to no avail. i end up with a letter from the famous intrum justica oweing the buyer the full amount £1800. i had no why of proving that i had deliverd them so had to pay to avoid bailiffs calling which i was threatned with. i have been paying £20 a month for 9 months then when i phoned to make another payment the bill had gone up to £2600. (fell of my chair) they said it was another claim made against me. i dont even have an account anymore with ebay or paypal.

when i questioned this they said contact paypal.....i have done this numerouse times but have heard nothing back.

think i might just stop paying and leav it see what happens, what you think?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

who are intrum justica i know they are a dca but they are a new one to me.

ive just had an obnoxious p/call from them regarding mrs sopwith

they said they were trying to locate her. my answer so am i put anything for her in writing and ill forward it to her solicitor

the little girl at other end didnt have an answer to that