• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Yipeeeeee I've Won!!!!!

lc79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I made the first step of going into my local halifax branch and asking for the last 6 years of statements.I paid £5 fee.

Just a couple of questions:

Is this Correct? After reading threads dont know if i needed to say i wanted DPA

How long do they have to provide me with these?

What action do i take if they do not arrive?

Please help I am a little confused!

:?:?:?

Hi welcome.

I am quite new to the site also, however would recommend reading the FAQ and reading other people's threads. Gather as much info as you can from the site as this will assist you greatly.

Under the Data Subject Request letter they have 40 days to comply, however as you have not submitted your request in this way they can take as long as they wish and there are no time restraints involved. May be best to start from the beginning again with the SAR letter (see templates library). You could try putting in your letter that you have already paid a fee in branch. The SAR fee is £10.

Good luck with your claim, but ensure you know exactly what you are doing otherwise costly mistakes can be made.

Claire:oops:

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

Please can anyone advise me as to what i am supposed to do next. I received my 6 years bank statements following a verbal request at my local brach ( also paying £5 fee) I since have calculated that they owe me £1605. Do i now fill in spreadsheet and include the 8% apr interest and if so which letter do i send with this as i did not let the bank know that i intended to claim back the charges.

Please help im a little confused!!!!

Thanks Leanne

Fill in the spreadsheet but take out the 8% interest, at this stage. You can claim the interest if the case goes to court. The next step is to send them a Prelimary Letter requesting your money back. There is a template for this in the template library. Attach the spreadsheet to this and send it to the head office of the Halifax.

Good luck with your claim.

Mo

Sent Data Protection Act Letter 06/06/2007

26/07/2006 Received 33 envelopes containing statements. (33 letters for a fiver .... bargain lol)

:o

27/07/2006 Sent Prelim Letter via email to halifax

10/08/2006 Received Halifax letter offering me £178.00 (goodwill gesture):rolleyes:

11/08/2006 Sent LBA letter out excepting goodwill gesture but not as final settlement. Persuing the rest in court.

01/09/2006 Taken the claim to County Court.

05/06/2006 Claim sent back by the courts... I hadn't put the court address in the top right hand corner :x Took it back to the court 06/09/2006 won't get issued until tomorrow ........... if I'm in luck!

08/09/2006 Received 2nd offer of £524.00. 09/09/2006 claim is served :D .

13/09/2006 I WON, I WON, I WON. Full monies paid back.

Hiya

I sent mine to -

Helen Martin

Review Manager

Customer Relations

Halifax PLC

PO Box 548

Leeds

LS1 1WU

If you are posting to the address above, please send it recorded delivery, just for your proof of posting.

If you look in here Halifax direct contact details you will find lots more info including email addys

Good Luck with Your Claims

Angi x

Good Luck with Your Claim

Angi x

:) If I have been of any help, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the botton left corner. ;) Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Please can anyone confirm as to what i do next. I have sent the prem letter and received an offer for £187 (they owe me £1605) and was wondering if i send the lba letter and ajust it or if i am missing something and there is a different letter i should send

Please help me!!!!

Please can anyone confirm as to what i do next. I have sent the prem letter and received an offer for £187 (they owe me £1605) and was wondering if i send the lba letter and ajust it or if i am missing something and there is a different letter i should send

Please help me!!!!

hi dont worry accept the cash as a part settlement, inform them that you will be seeking the balance. send the LBA straight away dont wait for a reply from them remember its your timetable.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Good Morning everyone

Please can anyone advise me on my next step?????

I sent my first letter asking for money back (£1605) and received offer of £187. I then sent LBA on 13th Sept and have received letter this morning now offering £562 being six months of charges and they are saying to comply with legislation i can now refer to financial ombudsman.

Is this a ploy to stop me from continuing and do i need to reply to this letter accepting this money as part payment and remind them their 14 days runs out on the 27th and go straight to moneyclaim or do i ignore this letter and wait until 14 days elapse and file with moneyclaim???

Please help

Im getting a little confused now

Leanne

Hi leanne, I had exactly the same letter this morning!!!

I have just sent a last letter to them, as the 14 days from my LBA isnt up until 3/10.

If your 14 days is up within a day or two, then its straight to moneyclaim I believe. There is a step by step guide here somewhere. Hold on I will be right back....

Barclays bank PRELIM sent 29/08/06 £3439.18

aknowledged by them 1/9/06 Promised reply by 26/09/06

offer of £1000 received 30/09/06

LBA sent today, thanks but no thanks. Partial acceptable.

Halifax bank PRELIM sent 29/08/06 £1790.52

acknowledged by them 31/08/06 Promised reply within 4 weeks.

Offer of £194 received 08/09/06 :mad: LBA sent 13/09/06

Offer of £585 received 23/09/06 Rejection of offer sent

They have until 3/10/06 to pay in full before court action commences

Will not pay any more letter received from them 30/09/06

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

There. The link at the bottom of my post is the step by step page link.

I dont know how to change the name of the link though :|

Barclays bank PRELIM sent 29/08/06 £3439.18

aknowledged by them 1/9/06 Promised reply by 26/09/06

offer of £1000 received 30/09/06

LBA sent today, thanks but no thanks. Partial acceptable.

Halifax bank PRELIM sent 29/08/06 £1790.52

acknowledged by them 31/08/06 Promised reply within 4 weeks.

Offer of £194 received 08/09/06 :mad: LBA sent 13/09/06

Offer of £585 received 23/09/06 Rejection of offer sent

They have until 3/10/06 to pay in full before court action commences

Will not pay any more letter received from them 30/09/06

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Thanks madamv will send letter of rejection stating i will accept the offer as part payment and still persue the rest. They have til 27th til court action!!!!

then it gets scary!!!!!

Please can anyone help me.

I have just re read my LBA letter and think i may have gone wrong. I stated that "

I am claiming £1605 plus £478.52 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken"

However i now realise that they have not taken the amount of £478.52 from me and i got a little confused in thinking that the 8% interest needed to go here.

The halifax have sinced replied offering me £562 which i wrote back and accepted as part payment but told them i still wanted my money back in full and would proceed with court action if necessary . They then replied stating that they were sorry that i was not in a position to accept this offer and refered me to the ombudsman. I am now about to fill in moneyclaim but am worried they may now have a way out

PLEASE HELP

I have just finished filing my money claim and am just wondering if i have send to the bank and court a schedule of charges or do i wait until they ask for it?

Also what is my next move how long have halifax got to reply and so forth????

All advice gratefully received

You can send a copy to the court and one to the bank to avoid delays later. They have 14 days to respond and if they elect to defend (they will) it extends that to 28 days.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Just wanted to let you all know that after filing moneyclaim 5 days ago the halifax have crumbled and refunded all my money including interest and costs. Total £2203.85. A big thankyou to all those who helped me, to this website for fantastic letters and spraedsheets and to gmtv where i first got the idea that i could get my money back!

Im off now to fill in the survey then to hit the shops!!!!!!!

Good luck to all those still persuing their claims. Remember it is your money and you have a right to it back. Just be patient and a little brave and you will get there!!!!!

Thank you once again

Leanne:lol::lol:

Congratulations!!!!!

Which shop will you hit first?

I'm filing with Moneyclaim a week on Monday so in roughly two weeks time I could be shopping like you!!

Karen

August 06- S.A.R. handed into a Halifax Branch

Sept 06 statements received and first letter sent requesting repayment of charges totalling £3,90

beginning Oct 06 received phone call offering £1,397, said would accept as interim payment andLBA letter sent same day

mid Oct 06 MCOL submitted online

end Oct 06 paid in full including interest and court fee - £4,980!

Congratulations Leanne! Enjoy your spending :D

Morris v Halifax

Data Protection Act letter sent 20/6

Charge deducted from account 27/6

6 yrs statements received 25/8

Prelim sent 30/8 (£1014 charges + £156.11 interest).

Std reply & complaints leaflet received 5/9

Offer received £70 9/9

LBA sent 12/9

No reply to LBA - MCOL requested 26/9

Offer received 26/9 - £218.

MCOL issued 26/9, acknowledged 29/9

Offer 29/9 - full amount ex. o/draft interest

Accepted as partial

Credited to account 12/10

AQ sent for rest

Morris1 v Barclaycard

Prelim letter sent 31/8 (£60 charges + interest).

Standard reply 9/9

Offer 12/9 - full amount!! :smile:

Morris 2 v Barclaycard (Mrsbass!):

Data Protection Act letter sent 7/9

Standard reply received 19/9 inc statements 5/04 to date and microfiche bilge.

Prelim 20/9 £100+interest actual, +same estimated.

LBA 3/10

Partial offer £48 6/10