My OH v Yorkshire Bank ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got another offer today for £2600 + £220 costs. Another one for the bin!!

If they'd have offered me this at first I'd have accepted it but after all the messing about I've had to do I think I deserve the whole lot.

Sending them another "nice" letter declining the offer.

Janette

• 3 weeks later...

Please could you move my thread to the appropriate place.

Another thing is I have read on other threads to not sign the discontinuance form until you have the cheque in the bank but my court date is only a week away 17th Jan so do I sign it or not

Janette

Congrats :)

I didnt sign my notice till the cheque had cleared in my account, most have waited a long time for their cheque once they had sent it off to them...I am not sure about the court date....maybe put something in your acceptance letter??? Hope someone can come along soon and help you more on that.

Started 25th Sep 2006 - got cheque on 4th December 2006. Settled without interest but full amount plus court costs :)

A & L Watch out buddy you are next 2007!!!!

Another thing is I have read on other threads to not sign the discontinuance form until you have the cheque in the bank but my court date is only a week away 17th Jan so do I sign it or not

That's good advice. Phone the court and explain that you have had an offer, but not the money and would like to defer the case. They will tell you what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the cheque today for £4065.15. Feel like framing it but putting it in the bank is probably a better option. Just goes to show that you can get your money back eventually and please don't settle for offers below the full amount with interest. Well off to Australia on Friday, looking forward to a fantastic holiday and not having to worry about how much we spend.

Donation to CAG to follow soon!:D

Janette

Really pleased for you. Congratulations. Perhaps you could pop into National Australia Banks HQ (YB parent company) while you are there and thank them in person for the cheque.;):D

Can I just clarify a couple of things.

1. Did they pay interest to the date of your court claim or the date they settled?

2. What did you do about the court? Did you phone them to ask for the case to be deferred, and did you submit your court bundle?

TIA for the donation and don't forget the survey.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for the messages.

I claimed interest up to the date i sent in my claim.

I didn't defer the court case, by the time I got home from work my OH had signed the acceptance and discontinuance forms and posted them.

All I sent to court was a copy of my spreadsheet.

We received the cheque within 2 weeks.

Janette