Employers making me leave

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm writing on behalf of a friend who is very streesed out. Recently she asked for more help with the job as she has been working 50+ hours a week and not getting paid for it. She asked for help and threatened to leave if this was not given. Since then she has had a number of meetings with management and HR saying there are issues with her work. Then she was given a letter saying due to the fact she is unhappy at work she will leave at the end of August, She had 7 days to contest this, which she didn't (instead buried her head in the sand). Now she is worried she has lost her job and is being pushed out. Should she take this to court? Would she have a case or have HR covered themselves? Thanks in advance

depends on how long she has been in the job, two years and more you have quite a lot of protection, less than taht it is more difficult.

However an employer has a duty of care to employees regarding work load and stress.

What is in her contract about working hours etc., notice.

She should defo go to HR or more senior management if she has a grievance or to resolve the issue.

She can also speak to Acass on the phone, they can give very good advice quickly.

She's been working there three years. HR and management are in it together, its not the most reputable company. I think her hours say 40 hours but she has been doing more. Also, there have never been issues with her work until she refused to continue to work these hours.

She should appeal the dismissal, then raise a grievance and file an ET1 for unfair dismissal and failure to follow a fair procedure in terms of a disciplinary process.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

You could definetly take them to a tribunal for this action, as they do not to have followed set procedure, warnings, letters etc. about performance.

Alos a valid grievance regarding working hours etc 50 hrs exceeds any sort of directives etc.

As said before please speak to Acass or an employment Solicitor.

Have they mentioned redundancy at all, but dont think they could use that now with that sort of reaction.