• Tweets

• when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
    • No apology needed, thank you for what you do I am glad to hear they paid. well done on getting back what is yours
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

speed credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeah theyre definitely playing ignorant, marshall hoares must be clinging on to the fact that theres only a few days left for speed credit, because yesterday i received texts and a email using the word " Demand" , they can demand all they like i cant create money out of fresh air

Text: marhall hoares bailiffs- warning-demand for payment- failure to ACT NOW will result in charges and door visits ( Theyve threatened home visits for weeks and never came )

Demand for payment

Client: Speed Credit - Speed Credit Pay Day Loan*

Client Ref:

Date: 23/08/2012

Despite our previous demand for payment you have failed to clear your arrears (as stated above) or make suitable repayment proposals.

The amounts which remain outstanding to the above named client must be paid in full within THREE days of this demand. Should you be unable to pay the amounts outstanding, within THREE days, you MUST contact one of our customer service operators on Tel: 08433811111 to arrange a suitable repayment plan.

If you ignore this demand for payment or fail to arrange a suitable repayment plan within THRE E days, we will issue this case to one of our debt recovery agents to attend your premises to arrange payment with you.

NOTE: DOOR VISIT- please call to arrange a convenient time for one of our Enforcement Agents to visit to discuss repayment. If we do not hear from you we will visit at will. Failed visits may be charged for.

NOTE: COURT ACTION - All necessary documents have been compiled into a legal case file to evidence the issue of this credit to you, and your refusal to come to a satisfactory arrangement to settle this debt. This is ready to be automatically submitted to your local County Court in order to seek a Judgement against you.

Yours Faithfully

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Telephone: 0843 381 1111

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear. Multiple breaches of guidance and regulation plus unlawful demands and threats. Time to get that letter to the oft and trading standards then file it away ready for any court action.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Tinkerbell,

I had bailiff's round recently from Marshal Whores (posted my own thread about it posted toothfairy forum), so they might actually send someone round out of desperation. If they do, don't worry, unless you've been taken to court and the judge has issued a CCJ (which they won't have) they have no right to enter your property; nevermind sending people to your door.

P.s On the mad chance they send someone, would be great if you could video record it. I wasn't actually in when they came so didn't get the chance, would be good evidence i think, as well as making the "bailiffs" uncomfortable, they'll probably not want to stay long if they know they'll get busted :)

P.s On the mad chance they send someone, would be great if you could video record it. I wasn't actually in when they came so didn't get the chance, would be good evidence i think, as well as making the "bailiffs" uncomfortable, they'll probably not want to stay long if they know they'll get busted :)

Thats a really good idea, even if i just video record it using my phone its bount to make good evidence, its totally mad how theyve been getting away with claiming theyre bailiffs for so long when they clearly arent. I hope whoever was in your house at the time sent them packing telling them you know your rights.

It wasnt a bailiff. It was a doorstep collector who has no legal rights. If they sent a bailiff round without a court order or you even going to court first, then bye bye credit licence.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Yeah they got a kindly please leave before the police are called to put it politely, complaint has already been sent, not sure if they're about to lose they're license anyway, registrar says they trade under NDR as well which I'm sure is a department within speed/paycheck credit.

Got the same email as you today regarding a settlement firgure of £400..... no thank you!

Any update on why all the sites where down? Did anyone notice any differences?

I dont think anyone found out why the sites were down, maybes it was just to get all our hopes up that they were gone. Has it gone quiet at your end since they were told to to do one placidbob?

Marshall Hoares mustn't take bank holiday moneys off, I got a lovely Text and email off them yesterday.

Text- VISIT ARRANGED call now on 0843381111 to confirm a convenient time for this as waisted visits will be charged for if no contact is made and you are not home.

Date: 27/08/2012

You have failed to make suitable repayment arrangements concerning the above arrears which remain outstanding.

Our recovery Agents will now visit your premises to arrange payment . This will involve a person visiting you to demand payment. Should the payment not be forthcoming, further visits will take place until we have payment in full. All visits may be chargeable.

You must make the IMMEDIATE FULL PAYMENT of all outstanding amounts (as shown above) to prevent this action from commencing or contact us to arrange a suitable repayment plan.

YOU HAVE 3 days FROM THE DATE STATED IN THIS NOTICE TO MAKE PAYMENT

NOTE: THIS IS YOUR FINAL CHANCE TO AVOID COURT ACTION. NO FURTHER WARNING WILL BE GIVEN

A fully prepared case will be sent to your local County Court for Judgment against you as well as agents instructed to your door. After a successful judgement we would seek a Warrant of Execution to seize goods and / or obtain an attachment of your earnings to have this debt deducted directly from your salary, this would require us to liase with your employer.

WE ADVISE YOU TO CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY on 08433811111

Yours Faithfully

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

Hi Tinkerbell

After them sending collections to my door unfortunately my parents got involved, to which they paid the £400 settlement figure, so couldn't tell you if they take further action than that.

It wasn't something I agreed with (would rather they tried taking me to court as most of the charges were not justified even after settlement figure) but it was stirring up too much hostility with me and my step-dad :(

If your in Scotland and this is one of many debts maybe have a look at the DAS Scotland, would only consider this as a last resort though. I was in the lucky position to have my family chip in, feel terribly guilty but it was that or it was going further (step-dad would have got lawyers involved against me (for fraud, the lovely chap) as I'd moved out a few months back and not changed the address with the company's) my Ma just wanted a quite life :(

Best of luck though will be keeping an eye on this still, only 13 days to go untill an appeal or their License goes byebye.

As least your all sorted now placidbob and dont need to deal with them no more:-)

Does anyone know what hours these are allowed to call you between, they rang me about 20 mins ago and left a voicemail, the voicemail was just music like when your on hold.

These guys are on mega harrass mode today

Marshall hoares rang and left a voicemail that said ring to to a arrange a home visit or we will come anytime they text soon after saying Contact us NOW!! (they rang at half 8 last night too)

Also had a text off NDR saying yo committed to a payment plan (no i never) to repay your toothfairy loan ( my loan wasnt with toothfairy it was with speed credit) a payment of 288 is due tomorrow

Ive had emails off both NDR and Marshall hoares

Thank you for contacting us. (I never contacted them asking for payment methods and it says repayment plan, they rejected my repayment plan)

You can make a payment by one of the following ways:

A/c number 93462382

Sort code: 20-50-94

Please note if you decide to transfer money into our bank account, you need to allow 5 business day for the money to clear and for it to be logged onto your file. Please note if you decide to pay every month via the bank we will need to change your repayment plan to cover the transfer period which will prevent your re-payment plan failing.

Yours Faithfully

John West ( Doesnt he sell tuna?)

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 288 by 30.08.2012.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 288 is available by midnight tonight.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

If you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Get reporting. Its their normal threat letter. You know what to do if anyone comes calling.

Someone was at my gate in black dress pants a white shirt and a black clipboard at ten past 7 the gates always kept bolted so i didnt bother opening the door to speak to whoever it was, could well of been them, he walked around the other side of the flats to see if there was another door like. Im so sick of.dealing with this company now

They only have a week or so of their appeal time left. Fingers crossed the oft have the balls to tell them tough luck.

This email is pure gold for the OFT why would marshall haores need NDR to send out correspondences

We can assure you we are the only company collecting on behalf of Speed Credit. NDR sends out correspondences on our behalf.

You currently owe £878 and your debt will incur another interest charge on the 04.09.12.

If you have any questions please don\'t hesitate to call us on 0843 381 1111.

Yours Faithfully

samanthaconner

Door Collections

Marshall Hoares Bailiffs

to which i sent a little message back to them saying

Thank for claifying on the email you sent me that you are breaking the OFT rules you self admitted 2 compaines were contacting me regarding the debt.

I shall be forwarding that on to the OFT

Nice to see theyre still misrepresenting themselves as bailiffs.

I dont know if youve noticed Tinkerbell but Marshall Hordes bank account details are exactly the same as Speed Credits!

2nd July 2012 EarlyPayDay a/c Cleared!:-D

26th October 2012 Wonga,Go Cash & Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

30th November 2012

Pounds to Pocket CLEARED!

Payday Express CLEARED!

Speed Credit CLEARED!!!!

Thats because theyre the same company.

Their reply to my email that said they self admitted that 2 companies were comtacting me was

Thank you for your message

A member of our team will be in touch with you within the next few days. Please bare with us.

Yours sincerly

Samanthaconnor

Door collections

Marshall hoares

Hmmm wondet what thats all about,

Hi i took a loan from them last month but cannot afford to pay them the whole amount in one go so received emails and txt exactly the same as yours. I have made a payment of £200 on my promised date but still receiving text about bailiffs contacting me within 2 days. Ahould I continue paying them? Original loan was £597 then it went to £1000 but made £200 in Friday so left £800.

Thanks

Hi for anyone that is under any doubt Marshall Hoares & Northern Debt Recovery are one and the same. Here are the respective details for each, both registered to same address.

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06871092

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06956396

If you are being intimidated by either get complaining to the regulation bodies, each is breaking pretty much every OFT guideline possible. Thanks.

Hi

I have also fallen fowl to speed Credit's/NDR’s antics. My wife lost her job and my pay was cut by nearly half.

I too wrote to them with a proposal to repay the £300 that I owed them at a rate of £50 a month and provided them with an income and expenditure statement.

As with other people on this forum Speed credit/NDR have not responded to me in a meaningful way and I have today received the same letter as others here saying that I had not responded to there attempts to contact me, even though I have evidence of over 20 emails/faxes/telephone calls that I have sent them.

Anyway what I really want to ask is where we all stand now that their licence has been revoked? I believe that they have until 06/09/2012 to appeal. If they do not appeal will the debt just be sold on to another company or will we all be absolved of any outstanding debt to these scums of the earth?

Thanks

Darryn

I see theres a whole load of new people having the same speed credit problem, just hold back and see what tomorrow brings because today is the last day they have to appeal.

I recieved the usual NDR email this morning, is it just me or it says must be paid by 6/9/12 and they will be attempting payment at 12.00, that they wont actually have a license to collect then, does that not go against what the oft 28 day appeal process is

This is a reminder that you committed to pay back your Speed Credit Pay Day Loan* debt.

This debt is now very overdue. We have allowed you to extend the loan as a goodwill gesture.

As part of settling this debt you are committed to paying GBP 288 by 06.09.2012.

In accordance wih the Standard Terms and Conditions you agreed to, we will be automatically taking payment tomorrow as agreed. Please ensure the amount of GBP 288 is available by midnight tonight.

If there are insufficient funds in the account the payment might fail and all charges will IMMEDIATELY become due, ALL back dated interest, penalty fees will be charged.

Recovery Agents will be sent to all addresses we have on file for you in order to obtain payment. Should this also prove unsuccessful we will be liaising with solicitors who will obtain a County Court Judgement against you. Once this is secured we will return with a Warrant of Execution from the County Court and certified Court Bailiffs to seize goods at 9 times the value of what you owe.

IT IS ESSENTIAL you HONOUR this agreement

If you have any questions regarding this, or willbe unable to pay contact customer services NOW.

Yours sincerely,

COLLECTIONS

NORTHERN DEBT RECOVERY

0843 381 0843

Standard threat o gram that breaks oft guidance. Get it reported.

I recieved a response to my complaint from an actual person yesterday, to which at the bottom it says web processing limited, when i searched this name up on google one of the first things it came up with was, also known trading name of toothfairy finance and that its a dormant company, well my loan was with mco cpaital/speed credit, so why would toothfairy be answering my complaint, any ideas where to go from here? should i email back and ask for someone from the correct company to answer my complaint?

http://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/web-loans-processing

I am sorry to hear that you have a complaint about the service you have received. The company attempts to treat its customers fairly in all circumstances and I apologise if you believe the service you have received falls short of your expectations in any way. I have been asked to respond to your complaint.

In the first instance, please accept this email as acknowledgment of your complaint. I hope that we will be able to resolve the complaint within 8 weeks. To do so, however, I need to know the full details of your complaintAND details of what action would resolve the complaint.

If after 8 weeks you remain unhappy you will receive a Final Written Response setting out the company’s position. If you are unhappy with the Final Written Response and wish to appeal further you have the right to make a formal complaint with the Financial Ombudsman Service. You must make sure you do this within six months of receiving the Final Written Response or you may lose your right to ask the Ombudsman to review your complaint.

The contact details for the Financial Ombudsman Service are as follows:

Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Email: [email protected]

Phone: 0800 023 4567 or 0300 123 9123

You may also be interested to read their pamphlet, “Your complaint and the ombudsman” which can be found atwww.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/consumer-leaflet.htm

I hope that you find the information contained herein to be helpful and that we will be able to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.

I understand that you have previously sent an Income and Expenditure form to Speed Credit with an offer of repayment. I cannot see that this has been received and I would be grateful if you would send it directly to me. Please also provide me with evidence of your financial circumstances such that it corresponds with the information in the Income and Expenditure form.

I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Yours sincerely

Joseph xxxxxxx

Senior Case Representative

Web Loans Processing Limited

Tel: 0203 476 0520

Edited by alanfromderby