Virgin Wines

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me out with this.

I've been having some trouble with Virgin Wines recently.

In June they sent me a promotional offer that clearly stated free £40 off a crate of wine. I read the T&C's very carefully and in fact noticed that in order for the voucher to be valid the total crate had to have a value close to around £80, which is fine - I thought - as their wine is of a good standard.

Until.............

3 months later they delivered a crate of wine and charged me £58.99 for the privelage. I got straight on the phone to question the validity of this order. Their 'Customer service' operator advised me that in the Terms and Conditions there was a line that stated I had to join something called the Discovery Club and take a crate of wine every quarter, worth £58.99. I can not confirm this as I threw the voucher away, I am pretty certain this catch was in the small print somewhere on the back. They did promise to recollect and and credit me, which has not happened and this was on Monday. No one has attempted to recollect.

What are my rights on this matter? as this catch was apparently in the terms and conditions on the back. This was not made clear at the point of sale though and I want to get my money back asap as I need to eat this month!

Cheers,

Jason.

Right, I found my terms and conditions, which are:

1.gif 4 Seasons is so simple - giving you a regular supply of top quality wines at great value prices. Join today and every 3 months we'll send you a superb 12-bottle case selected by our buyers. 2.gif Before we send the wines, we will send a preview of your next selection. To receive these wines you need do nothing - delivery is automatic. You can choose an all-reds, all-whites or mixed case. 3.gif Rest assured, you're under no obligation to make any further purchases. If you don't want a selection, simply let us know. You can 'skip' cases as often as you like or cancel at any time. 4.gif Membership is not only completely FREE but all wines are covered by our 100% money back guarantee. All future cases will be offered at JUST £59.99 (plus £5.99 p&p) that's a saving of at least 10%. Every case comes with a set of colourful and informative tasting cards. Collect them in the FREE binder included with your introductory case.

There is no mention of a Discovery Club, anless this is a 'feature' only imposed of Virgin subscribers (no pun intended). They may not be related of course, but I tracked doen the Virgin Wine Discovery Club's voucher conditions - is tihs what you wanted?

Virgin Wines - Help