style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering if similar things have happened to other people or if i can recieve some advice in the following matter, I have tried to enclose as much information as possible.

I moved out of a Council property in april, Some 2 months later i recieved an invoice from the council for £230 for a clean/clearance of the property.

I disputed this on the phone and was told put it in writing as i asked for an itemised bill as to how they reached that fee. The council said that work was carried out by there private contractor.

I recieved a letter back this morning from the council stating that they had investigated and looked at photographes of the state of the property and they were right to ask for the work to be carried out. But still no itemised bill, In the letter they said they see no reason for canceling the charge.

Due to several problems in the property i asked for a Freedom of information act and got all the faults i reported on the property before i left. As it was a council house i kept getting flooded from the upstairs property which was a private tenant. there were several repairs needing to be done my property. However as i had an offer to move house to another council property the work wouldnt be done till after i had moved out.

It would appear to me as if the council has carried out the work and are billing me for the clean up of the property that i left in very good condition minus the repairs that i had reported.