Unknown to Companies House

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for all the wonderful advice you have given me inadvertently as I have browsed the forum. I wonder if you have any advice for this...

We are currently in dispute with a car dealer as our engine needs rebuilding only 10weeks after buying the car. :-x It seems as if we are heading towards the Small Claims Court as he just keeps whittering about how we aren't covered under warranty. A business friend of my husband looked the company up and found that this business isn't registered under their trading name, or place of business. He says that it will be registered, but under an unrelated name, and a different address so that if needs be they can disappear from there and pop up trading under a different name somewhere else.

My questions are:

1) If I file a small claims can I do it under his trading name, or do I have to know the name he is under at companies house?

2) How likely is he to disappear if I instigate legal proceedings in your experience?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Pheobe.

A company does not necessarily have to be registered at companies house.

Unless it is a limited co.

So Mr X could be trading as ABC motor company. This does not require a registration as a company at Companies House.

However if Mr X was trading as ABC motor company LTD then he would have to be registered.

However, a LTD company is a entity in it's own right so if the company is LTD you would issue a claim against the Ltd company. If it is trading as then you would issue against Mr X trading as ABC motor company.

Thank you heliosuk, that is very useful. We were quite worried about this, but your info has reassured us.

Just need to worry about all the rest of it now.:undecided:

Much Appreciated,

Pheobe