Tax credits compliance letter

Fiona1039
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In regards to HMRC call centres its right on the mark. I know 2 people who work in one of their main call centrers. Both regularly complain about the people who work there. They are inept and most of the time either dont turn up for training courses, or simply cant follow basic instructions.

I don't think anyone is saying they are useless but they have a job to do and are quick enough on ur case if u are wrong yet if they make a mistake u are left stressing and they really dont give a dam!!! Two months now I have had this hanging over my head for a genuine mistake ( stupid one non the less ) but then someone in there department made a mistake and now am left waiting again for how long I don't know and the stress has had a big effect on me am off to the doctors today can't handle feeling like this anymore !!!! They need to overhaul their staff to do their job correctly !!!! :(

I don't think anyone is saying they are useless but they have a job to do and are quick enough on ur case if u are wrong yet if they make a mistake u are left stressing and they really dont give a dam!!!

You are right on the mark there. It's just like any government department. They are ran as cheaply as possible and try to get every case through the system asap, regardless of the outcome. To them, you are nothing more than a number on their system.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

He just edited it. Prob made a wrong comment and retracted it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

All of 'Mr Smith's ' comments have been removed from the site - he only made 6 posts and they were all to do with Tax Credits........ an HMRC troll?

Yeah I noticed that the same had happened on a few other threads!!

Can I ask if anyone knows is it normal to have been waiting all this time to sort this out it's honestly driving me mad!!!

I really have not been able to function for the past while!!! I just want everything sorted so I know where I stand with them !!!! 2 months of feeling like this worrying every day it's soul destroying !!

It could take a good while to sort out. HMRC arent exactly known for speed and efficiency.

It could take a good while to sort out. HMRC arent exactly known for speed and efficiency.

Am going to have to try and relax a bit more about it all this week if I keep stressing am going to land up cracking!!! Just want to know what our overpayment is and how it will be take back!! I know at the end of the day it's my own fault for such a stupid mistake but if they only realised how ill they make people by dragging this on for so long !!! How much would they normally take back a week if we are still entitled to credits ??

Am going to have to try and relax a bit more about it all this week if I keep stressing am going to land up cracking!!! Just want to know what our overpayment is and how it will be take back!! I know at the end of the day it's my own fault for such a stupid mistake but if they only realised how ill they make people by dragging this on for so long !!! How much would they normally take back a week if we are still entitled to credits ??

Latest update is I checked my bank today and payments have gone down for a second time but still no mail!!! Can't understand this as when I phoned on Thursday it still had not been done ( surely they can't change it that quick ) !!! Am just a little frustrated as am verging on a nervous breakdown now payments have gone down about 50 a wk does that sound rite! Only thing is they also had my wage to take into account so not sure what I should have been getting before any overpayment is paid back ?????

First of all, calm down and take a breather. You are panicking for no reason.

Second, in the morning, take a deep breath and give tax credit helpline a call. If you cant get a straight answer, ask/demand to speak to a supervisor, and calmly tell them that you are being passed from pillar to post and its affecting your health worrying about it.

Again, take a deep breath, remain calm, try not to worry. Theres really no need.

As for the amounts, last year i was only on 11k a year working 31 hours a week due to health reasons, and i had 49.47 a week from them :)

First of all, calm down and take a breather. You are panicking for no reason.

Second, in the morning, take a deep breath and give tax credit helpline a call. If you cant get a straight answer, ask/demand to speak to a supervisor, and calmly tell them that you are being passed from pillar to post and its affecting your health worrying about it.

Again, take a deep breath, remain calm, try not to worry. Theres really no need.

As for the amounts, last year i was only on 11k a year working 31 hours a week due to health reasons, and i had 49.47 a week from them :)

Most recent update is that I called today and td my award had been finalised!! Thank goodness for that !!! Should recieve paperwork soon!! It's not half as bad as I expected!! Still entitled to tax credits but obviously not as much because our earnings for last year were higher we have had all the tax credits we are entitled to from April till now but will start again nxt April but still getting our child tax credits with slight deduction !!! Am so relieved that it's over but will feel even better once paperwork here and it's all over!!!

For anyone worried I would advise be straight with compliance team when u speak to them and don't try and pull the wool over their eyes!!!

And most of all don't stress to much I have made myself I'll for past two months and it is so silly !! Hopefully in nxt week or so I will start to feel better!!

Thank you to the people who replied on my post!!!!

Yep. I was told the same thing yesterday, that my award was finalised. However, they said i wont get the paperwork for another 4-5 weeks :/

At least its sorted now, and you can de stress yourself a bit.

Yeah it is a relief!! Glad to hear urs has been finalised to!! No more silly mistakes for me I shall be double checking everything from now on!!! Will hopefully be in a position to work a lot more hours as my youngest is in p4 this year!! So here's hoping we have had our share of stress for this year !!

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah it is a relief!! Glad to hear urs has been finalised to!! No more silly mistakes for me I shall be double checking everything from now on!!! Will hopefully be in a position to work a lot more hours as my youngest is in p4 this year!! So here's hoping we have had our share of stress for this year !!

Update on my situation finally got final award with all amendments and overpayment sorted out!! Having told them of my earnings for last year only to find that on this years award they have not included my earnings honestly what a carryon!! So now I have to go back to them again think I am going to scream shortly !!!!

Youll be fine now. I had the same kind of problem last year where they didnt include my previous years earnings. It took them about 2 weeks to sort out.

The system is always like that. Very slow and all that. Its enough to drive anyone to drink. your never change it. Waste of time phoning any one in so called authority as the response is often different for the same issue, depending on the information on some one's computer at the time, which may or may not be shared with other departments. There is no legal obligation to phone any one anyway..

Update on my situation finally got final award with all amendments and overpayment sorted out!! Having told them of my earnings for last year only to find that on this years award they have not included my earnings honestly what a carryon!! So now I have to go back to them again think I am going to scream shortly !!!!

Typical behaviour of the Tax Credits Office; the entire department is unfit for purpose.