• Tweets

• Shocking costs created by Tory led Government in 2012. Taxpayers brace for £100bn money-printing bill – as George Osborne says it’s ‘not my responsibility’ MSN WWW.MSN.COM  
    • Sorry, I may have forgot to get back on this. Please monitor for a reply tomorrow
    • Yes, now its just about getting the WS / Court bundle finalised to send to the court / Evri. I've attached the most recent version of the WS / Court bundle to save having to scroll back up to the previous post (#204) where it was also shared. If you, @BankFodder or anyone else has any feedback on this, i'd be grateful for your thoughts. In my previous post #204, i'd also attached an invoice from Packlink which shows that I was charged by Packlink for these services: "drop-off at Her mes - Next day delivery" and "Proof of Delivery". It also has the payer's address and there are "Origin" and "Destination" fields which have the postcode of the sender [origin] and the recipient [destination] - I have redacted personal details in the attached invoice.  I am already including this in my evidence bundle (without the redaction) but wanted to share this redacted version so that other people can consider this as example in their bundle of Packlink and Evri's contract being instigated by the sender of the parcel who has paid for the service, and further shows that there is information in the invoice to identify that a third party beneficiary (the sender / recipient) is involved in this transaction. I have also attached this redacted invoice in this post to save having to scroll back up. Happy to get any thoughts and if this invoice is no good, then please let me know.   Draft - Witness Statement and Court Bundle redacted.pdf Packlink invoice - REDACTED.pdf
    • Does anyone know if I would be allowed to record conversations with health professionals for my own use on my phone without them knowing. I know that we are allowed to record phone calls. I do record some of my phone calls for my own use due to my disability and if anything is said then I am covered. I would only record audio in private area's of myself and the professional dealing with me. I know I could not get and other persons audio in it and I don't intend to. my only other option is to buy a body cam but I am not sure the rules regarding this.I never thought i would have to but things are getting worse Thanks for any guidance 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tigerlilly -v- NatWest

tigerlilly24
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I'm just at the beginning of claiming (first letter gone off to the bank (recorded del.) today after receiving statements and calculating the amount of charges). I'm a bit concerned as my claim is just over £4K excluding interest. Is it harder to get the money back if the total amount claimed is over £5K? Is my claim, when interest is added, likely to be more than £5K?

Thanks in advance.

J

NatWest

Statements sent for - 18/09/06

Statements received (in full!) - 03/10/06

Initial letter of claim sent - 05/10/06

Offer received for £1,400 approx - 21/10/06

LBA sent with acceptance of offer as part, will pursue for the rest - 21/10/06

Reply to LBA received (forwarding to Cust. Rel to deal with) - 25/10/06

Thanks Michael,

My next question (there'll be lots more no doubt ! lol) is that I have only claimed for unpaid direct debits and cheques at the moment (this amounts to the £4K).

I have also been charged for 'paid referral fees', 'unarranged borrowing fees' and 'card misuse fees' too. Am I allowed to submit a different and further claim for these once my first claim (for direct debits and cheques) has been settled (jumping the gun a bit I know !) Anyone know the answer? Should I have claimed for the whole lot in one go? Am a bit confused with everything at the moment so if anyone could clarify i'd very much appreciate the help.

Thanks in advance (again !lol)

J

NatWest

There are 2 ways of approaching this.

1. Fast track, similar to small claims You are liable to costs of up to £750, but can ask for disclosure by the banks . See these threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/search.php?searchid=320715

2. Split your claim into tranches of less than £5000. Start from 6 years ago, add up charges to £5000ish and claim for those. When that is settled claim again for thel ater charges.

I'm really worried i've made a bodge of my first letter ! I didn't send off a schedule of charges with my letter and the letter I sent was not as detailed as the one on here - it read as follows:-

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no: XXXXXXX

Over the last six years, you have charged me for unpaid Direct Debits and returned cheques. It has come to my attention that this is unlawful at common law, and under statute and recent consumer regulations.

In the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account, it is implied that you will conduct yourselves in a manner which complies with UK law.

Unless you can prove that the charges merely cover your administrative costs, I require full repayment of these charges, which I calculate at £XX. I also ask you to remove any default notices on my credit record that are related to these charges. A correction or amendment to the entries is not acceptable.

If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and costs, plus I shall submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Have I mucked up my claim before i've even started? I haven't received any response yet.

NatWest

I sent off my initial letter to the bank requesting they refund the charges but I didn't send off a schedule of charges - is that going to seriously affect my chances? Is it ok to send one off with my next letter (depending upon their reply of course)? I'm really worried i've blown it already - I jumped the gun a bit and sent off a letter which wasn't as detailed as the one on this site (I found it on another site). For info it read as follows:-

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no: XXXXXX

Over the past six years, you have charged me for unpaid Direct Debits and returned cheques. It has come to my attention that this is unlawful at common law, and under statute and recent consumer regulations.

In the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account, it is implied that you will conduct yourselves in a manner which complies with UK law.

Unless you can prove that the charges merely cover your administrative costs, I require full repayment of these charges, which I calculate at £?. I also ask you to remove any default notices on my credit record that are related to these charges. A correction or amendment to the entries is not acceptable.

If you do not comply fully within 14 days, I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount, plus interest and costs, plus I shall submit a complaint to the Information Commissioner.

Can anyone help please?

NatWest

Hello Tigerlilly24, this is not a disaster, you can stop worrying. Your next letter should be an LBA giving them a further 14 days and this time use the template letter from the library. You should also include a schedule of charges with that letter.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Thanks for that reassurance hagenuk ..... I have been reading up on everything and will continue to do so !

J

NatWest

I'm no expert but my initial claim was similar to yours and on the 28th day they defended it stating 'Our client is embarrased by the lack of particulars in your claim...'

I would imagine that you will receive a similar letter and you will have to submit a much more detailed claim (my second attempt was 4 pages of A4 paper!). You can find a copy on one of my threads (search for 'Wissa').

Don't worry, I've messed up several times and each one has cost me a further 28 days without my money but you always get a second chance. Keep asking for advice on this site and keep reading as much as you can from other peoples threads. If you don't make mistakes you will get your money quicker!!!

Good luck

Thanks Wissa ....... it's good to know things can be rectified fairly easily ! I haven't got to the 'claim' stage yet ........ not even sent off my LBA. I'm a bit of a latecomer but am reading intently and taking notice and will do everything 'by the book' from now on ! I think i've got a fight on my hands as my claim is just over £4K but i'm not going to give up !

NatWest

I want to prepare my schedule so it's ready for the LBA (I've got a lot to list !). Is there any distinct way of doing it or do I just list the date, charge and what the charge was for? Is there a template I can use on here? I have had a look round (I remember seeing somewhere what should be included in the Schedule) but I can't find it now. Can someone help me please?

Very encouraged by the postings on here today about people's claims being settled in full - is making me more determined than ever ! Well done everyone !

NatWest

Hello Tigerlilly,

There is a library of template, I just tried to do you a link but not too good at doing that soooo, if you go the the first page of CAG where you initially sign in, then scroll down you'll see Bank Templates Library. You'll find all the templates that you need. You just adjust them accordingly. Good luck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------14/09/06 - Preliminary Letter sent requesting repayment for £3018.25

21/09/06 - Letter of refusal from Stuart Higley.

28/09/06 - Letter Before Action Sent.

06/10/06 - Letter of refusal from Stuart Higley.

:-):evil::rolleyes::razz: :razz:

It's just a waiting game.....

:p;):lol: 8-)

Nat West Won = £4008 03/07 :D

Prelim Letter to Cap One - 25/01/08

Rejection Letter to Cap One - 03/02/08

LBA to Cap One - 11/02/08

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Welcome - 25/01/08

Received Statements - 08/02/08

Hi Shazam,

I'd looked in the templates library the other day and couldn't find anything on preparing the Schedule?? I just want to make sure I get everything right after my initial 'scare' with my first letter !

I presume the headings would be:-

Date of Charge

Amount

Reason for Charge

Do I need to include anything else?

Thanks in advance.

J

NatWest

I've hit yet another snag ...... helppp !!!

I sent off my initial letter (not the template - see below!) stating the amount I was claiming was £4,035 for unpaid direct debits and cheques, worked out from the statements they sent me. I've since gone through my statements again and prepared my schedule and the amount I stated in my initial letter is wrong ! There were some duplicated pages on my statement (which I had added to the amount and I shouldn't have done) and I didn't include Paid Referral Fees, Card Misuse Fees and Unauthorised Borrowing Fees. I HAVE now included those latter charges on my schedule and it now amounts to £4,560). Is this going to be a major problem or can I put in my LBA something like:

Please note that the figure quoted in my last letter did not include Paid Referral Fees, Card Misuse Fees and Unauthorised Borrowing Fees, which I am now claiming.

I'm beginning to wonder if i'm cut out for all this, i keep mucking it up ! I sent off my initial letter (from another website) before i'd come across this fantastic one and I've since read up on the FAQ's and everything else and I am now very clear on what I have to do and when. So, a warning to all of you new people, make sure you read everything absolutely thoroughly BEFORE you start !

NatWest

Thanks Michael (again! lol).

I've now finished (after about 6 hours!) and have gone through everything thoroughly. I've entered all the charges onto the spreadsheet (including those charges that NatWest combined from Oct 2002, but have made sure i've taken off my Advantage Gold Fees) and it comes to about £5.5K. I'm going to claim up to Dec 2005 for now and then claim the rest at a later date (as suggested in other posts).

It's amazing how reading and re-reading everything makes it all so much clearer and all the posts sharing successes, builds your confidence !

NatWest

Natwest

It was from 'This is Money' Website. Any particular reason for asking?

J

NatWest

I have yet another question (I can hear you all groaning ! lol) ......... We want to open a parachute account as I have the distinct feeling that NatWest will close our account once we have recouped our charges (we don't have an overdraft with them, however, we have a loan which will finish in March next year so i'm presuming they'll demand repayment of that loan too !). Due to us having bad credit (mainly down to the darn bank !) can anyone recommend where we should go? We need to be able to pay in wages and have direct debits coming out - no need for an overdraft and we don't have a mortgage (rented).

NatWest claim £4,724

Statements received (in full !) - 04/09/06

Initial letter (not LBA) sent - 05/09/06

NatWest

Thanks for that link Michael. I'm a bit confused about the manaul intervention thing though. Have been speaking to some people in the chat room and as my initial letter was from another website, it didn't include the paragraph about Manual Intervention. Is it going to seriously affect my claim and can I put that paragraph in my LBA?

NatWest

Guest NATTIE

Tigerlilly, I have seen wording like this in letters before so was interested how you had formulated it, rather than a CAG prelim Letter.

Not formulated as such natweststaff - more like 'borrowed' !

I'll be using the templates on this site from now on though !

NatWest