"Ryannair" fees? Insurance companies are at it now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its that time of year again... searching for car insurance quotes.

been on confused.com, rang up brokers etc etc as you do...

not one of the figures that I got quoted on the website was the actual price. They were all at least £40 more than quoted without changing any details!

After talking to one insurer (Swinton) it appears that the way they get around this is as follows.

Paying monthly attracts a lower base premium (apparently something to do with commision) and this payment is the one shown- but it doesn't include any interest.... so you get given one figure (10 x monthly payments) but have to pay another higher fee for a year's payment in full.

understand?

I didnt either to start with, but its really cunning. The lowest price they quote is a price you will never be able to pay!

Try this - you could do it with any cashback site, and any of the comparison sites they list. If this is not permitted please delete the post.

So say for cashback it could be Quidco or Top Cash Back. As a comparison site it could be Confused.com or GoCompare.com although doing both gets the best results (and more cashback for doing each).

Select the car insurance group and print it off with descending cashback.

http://www.quidco.com/insurance-finance/insurance/car-insurance/

Now again through the cashback site, get a quote for someone aged a couple of days older/younger than you at a neighbours address, and instead of using your car reg, enter it as the model as if you have not bought it yet. This prevents later sales tracking elsewhere.

Once you get the list of prices, deduct the cashback from your printed list off the prices to see what is lowest.

When you see the best one, clear cookies, and go back in via the cashback site, but obviously use your real details when you buy the policy!!!

I got fully comp with breakdown cover including relay, and protected NCB for £162 with £53 cashback making it £109 (for a not exactly slow, vegetable oil powered turbo diesel).

To be fair, its also low as its quite rural where I spend most of my time in the UK, and as I will only be here for about 6 months of the year, its only for 4000 miles (I use my bike for short runs).