style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently appealed my banding and have now been moved from F to E, a saving of about £255 per year. They tell me that they will backdate it 6 years which of course is very nice.

They say in their letter that the band allocated to my house is based on what it was worth on 1/4/2003 and that the current tax bands in Wales came into effect on 1 April 2005.

As I have lived in the house for 20 years I would have thought I could have gone back further than 6 years as surely I was in to high a band prior to 2005.

Any thoughts please.

I recently appealed my banding and have now been moved from F to E, a saving of about £255 per year. They tell me that they will backdate it 6 years which of course is very nice.

They say in their letter that the band allocated to my house is based on what it was worth on 1/4/2003 and that the current tax bands in Wales came into effect on 1 April 2005.

As I have lived in the house for 20 years I would have thought I could have gone back further than 6 years as surely I was in to high a band prior to 2005.

Any thoughts please.

A banding appeal will be usually be limited in legislation to the life of the current list.

The Welsh Assembly introduced new laws in 2010

(6) Subject to regulation 4(1A), an alteration made to correct an inaccuracy in a list on the day it was compiled has effect—

(a)in any case where the inaccuracy was to show—

(i)as applicable to a dwelling a valuation band which is lower than the band which should have been determined or shown as applicable to it, or

(ii)as one dwelling property which should have been treated as two or more dwellings by virtue of article 3 of the Council Tax (Chargeable Dwellings) Order 1992,from the day on which the alteration is entered in the list;

(b)in a case where the inaccuracy was to show as applicable to a dwelling a valuation band which is higher than the band which should have been determined or shown as applicable to it, from the later of—

(i)the day on which the list was compiled; and

(ii)the day six years before the day on which the alteration is entered in the list; and

©in any other case, from the day on which the list was compiled.

This has the effect of limiting backdating a maximum of six years.