style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

Just had to nip into town and as the weather is reather naff I took the car. Now, my car is a big Mondeo with running lights on the front and I put my headlights on too as it's wet. However, I think this morning my car turned invisible as I drove through the market square. Why do I think that? Because a guy who was on his phone stepped straight out in front of my to cross the road!!!

Can we have a new criminal offence please? How about "walking without due care and attention"??

Jeremy

Computer Problems? Give me a shout...

I agree they talk about motorists using mobile phones, I to have had people normally young people step out into the road to busy talking or texting on their phone to even notice that they have walked onto the road.

Of course it is never their fault always blame the driver.

My other bugbear is people(I will not say women as both sexes are as bad as each other) who stand at the side of the road with a pushchair stuck out into the road waiting to cross the road.

dpick

I agree they talk about motorists using mobile phones, I to have had people normally young people step out into the road to busy talking or texting on their phone to even notice that they have walked onto the road.

Of course it is never their fault always blame the driver.

My other bugbear is people(I will not say women as both sexes are as bad as each other) who stand at the side of the road with a pushchair stuck out into the road waiting to cross the road.

dpick

Hi dpick,

Yep, this is one of mine too. They forget the pushchair is in front of their personal space.

I live in Thirsk, and our Market Square has a couple of raised road coverings to make it easier for people to cross the road (no step down). Trouble is, people assume these are zebra crossings, which they are not, and expect drivers to stop when they set foot on them. A lot of drivers do stop, but one day someone is going to come a cropper.

Jeremy

Hi,

In Germany the pedestrian is at fault and will be heavily fined, plus having to meet the costs of damage to the car and any other secondary damage as a result, if they do not cross at a 'control' point (i.e. pedestrian lights, underground walkway, etc.). God help the driver who runs down a pedestrian when the 'green man' is on.

'Jay-walking' is fround upon and can get you a spot-fine if caught by the 'boys in blue/grey'

Cars can travel into some 'pedestrian' zones but must take great care - here the driver is always at fault.

The simple rule is 'the road is for cars and pedestrians can cross at their own peril'

G

Hi,

In Germany the pedestrian is at fault and will be heavily fined, plus having to meet the costs of damage to the car and any other secondary damage as a result, if they do not cross at a 'control' point (i.e. pedestrian lights, underground walkway, etc.). God help the driver who runs down a pedestrian when the 'green man' is on.

'Jay-walking' is fround upon and can get you a spot-fine if caught by the 'boys in blue/grey'

Cars can travel into some 'pedestrian' zones but must take great care - here the driver is always at fault.

The simple rule is 'the road is for cars and pedestrians can cross at their own peril'

G

Not sure if that'd work in the UK - we're all to politically correct to state the obvious!

Jeremy