style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had any luck getting genuine defaults removed?

My credit score is all over the place due to reduced hours a few years ago. I find it hard to believe that they still punish people for 6 years despite certain reasons for defaulting.

Any tips?

No tips.

You won't be able to do it.

Yes, they do punish people for the simplest mistake for at least 6 years. It is heartless and unfair

I am not going to lie, they are genuine.

It all came about 2 years ago when my hours are reduced at work by 15 per week meaning I was £108 per week short than compared to when I took out loans etc. Stupid I know not being in a secure job. However, I went straight onto the CCCS and actioned my debts right away. I suppose I may aswell have just gone into hiding for the help it did!!

I just wondered about getting them removed as I am now in a good job with good salary in a stable company. It just seems harsh, the system they have in place to punish someone for something out of their hands for an entire 6 years.

hey! I did managae to have a default removed by O2 just last week...the amount was for £9.93 and it was removed as a gesture of goodwill after I sent an e:mail basically begging and explaining that they had not notified me of the debt. I also sent a letter which Received a reply basically telling me to bog off! lol. Its not unheard of that some companies may remove defaults for very small amounts but I reckon Im one of the very few (its maybe about 20% of people who ask and only after ALOT of persistence in most cases) I swotted up on a website called LearnMoney which had lots of good tips and info :) Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I've had one removed recently as a gesture of goodwill and two updated their missed payments to made on time, even though they wasn't.

Try your luck. If the defaulted account is regulated by the CCA, send a CCA and DN notice request. That's all i did though i am now in further dispute with some of the others on my credit file.

If some remain unpaid and are in a position to pay an amount for full and final settlement, do as Stopthethieves suggested above and negotiate their removal within the conditions. Just remember to get it in writing before making a payment.