Tax credits review letter-help needed!

rokkiroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just recieved a letter from tax credits stating they believe that my ex husband may be living with me, we broke up years ago and he even once had bail conditions to stay away from me. He is currently sleeping at various adresses as he cant afford his own place and all his personal mail comes to my adress because it is the only place it can come until he has a permananet adress of his own. I suffer with mental health problems and i am currently undergoing therapy so this letter has totally given me anxiety. I cant prove where he is living as he wont tell me because of the past troubles we had, i have told him he needs a new forwarding adress for his mail. he comes to see our daughter twice a week and because he doesnt pay me CSA he has on occasion payed a bill or two for me when i was short of money. i dont know what to do please help!

Is your ex husband still listed for council tax at your house?

Does any if his correspondence relate to bank or building society accounts?

Do his wages department or DWP use your address to correspond with him?

Has he ever taken out a loan or credit card and used your address to do so?

The reason I ask these questions is because if the tax credit office are checking a claim, they sometimes use third party information from council tax, banks etc to try and establish if a single claim or a joint one.

My advice would be to respond to the letter providing the information as you have in your original post.

As long as you are maintaining separate households and finances (I don't think your ex husbands odd bill payment will affect matters) then you should be ok

Gbarbm

Is your ex husband still listed for council tax at your house?

Does any if his correspondence relate to bank or building society accounts?

Do his wages department or DWP use your address to correspond with him?

Has he ever taken out a loan or credit card and used your address to do so?

The reason I ask these questions is because if the tax credit office are checking a claim, they sometimes use third party information from council tax, banks etc to try and establish if a single claim or a joint one.

My advice would be to respond to the letter providing the information as you have in your original post.

As long as you are maintaining separate households and finances (I don't think your ex husbands odd bill payment will affect matters) then you should be ok

thanks for the input Gbarbm, he has his bank statements and tax office stuff come here, aside from that the rest is bills he never paid when we were together and i have just found out that he has tried to apply for pay day loans and a credit card at my adress, im at my wits end. he is not on the electoral roll or council tax bills and has'nt been for years. im badly in debt in excess of 15,000 and few years ago applied to a trust fund for bankruptcy fees but was turned down, i still have this letter. i cannot stop worrying over everything its all a mess, and to top it all i have no forwarding adress for him! :/

Ok well it is what it is.

I suspect that HMRC have checked third party information and have come to the conclusion that he "could" be living with you.

As I say, you now need to respond to the letter giving details as you have here and await their response.

When you do get it, post back here if you need further advice or support

Gbarbm

Gbarbm well thankyou very much for your advice i appreciate it greatly, i will post the letter tomorrow and report back to the forum the outcome as to help others or to get further advice, thanks again =)