Wrag Group and Work Focused Interviews

RoryQ
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I am hoping for some advice here.

Some background. I was migrated over from IB to ESA in December last year, I didn't have a medical. I have Bi Polar, chronic lower back and muscular shoulder/neck issues which means reduced mobility. I am unable to have meds for the back/neck problems as they contraindicate with the Bi Polar meds.

I had 3 Initial Work Focused Interviews where it was agreed that I wasn't well enough for the Work Programme but would continue with the Work Focused Interviews at the job centre.

After a 3 month break due to a depressive episode and more meds, I saw the advisor again last week. On every occasion I have seen him he has been pressing for me to go on a specific course. This course is a Conservation Course involving rebuilding hedgerows and walls etc that is beyond my physical capabilites and when I told him this things took a downward spiral. He said that he had had back problems himself but that walking had cured it and that he didn't understand Bi Polar but thought that some fresh air would do me good.

When I pointed out that it was my understanding that these courses were voluntary he reluctantly admitted they were but said I had been on the ESA benefit for 5 months now and that he could start applying sanctions. He told me to think about things and he would see me in 6 weeks.He also said he could pull me in for interview anytime he wanted. My ESA re-assessment date is October 2013.

I am feeling bullied, anxious and stressed which is doing my health no good. So my questions are

1. Am I right in thinking that these courses are voluntary?

2. Can I complain to his Manager and request another advisor.

Many thanks