Water stains on ceiling of room getting worrying, LL does nothing.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a shared house, in a room. About three weeks ago some rather large water stains began to appear on the ceiling of my room. I sent a message about this to my landlord, who came over to see them after three days. She took photos and measured them but did not say what or wherther she was going to do something about this. More and more stains have appeared since, I have told her but she hasn't even bothered to reply to me.

Knowing her I am thinking if I should put this in writing and send it to her, (although I don't know her address, but I guess I could send the letter to my address, as she receives some mail -utility bills and such- event though she doesn't live here). I am looking to move out as the relationship with her and some other flatmates has become sour, and she knows I want to leave. So I am kind of worried that if I don't somehow put this complaint about the water stains in writing she may have an excuse to not pay me my deposit back when I leave?

I am also concerned that the water stains are really getting big and what if I can't find a new place soon, is there anything I can do about not having to live under these conditions? Basically I would like to know what are my rights as a tenant in this situation.

I hope someone can help, thanks a lot.