Help needed with Wonga.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi same as everyone here I'm having some issues with Wonga, I have drafted up the following email to them I just wanted to ask you guys if you though it had any chance of working?

To whom it may concern,

I have an outstanding balance with yourselves from a loan of £360 I took out on February 27th.

Since taking out the loan I was unfortunately made redundant and I was unable to make the payments.

I have finally got a new job lined up but it is at a drastically reduced salary and as such I need to make a repayment plan with yourselves.

Due to my changing circumstances I am only able to offer £50 per month for 10 months. This will bring my total repayment to £500. While this is not what you are currently requesting from me I feel it is a more than generous amount as it pays off more than what I originally owed and more than what you were originally going to charge me.

My job is heavily commission based so once I am earning properly I will pay back more a month to clear the balance quicker If I am able.

Please reply to this email by the 24th of May as I intend to make the first payment on the 25th of May.

Regards,

If you could let me know whether there is anything else I should add that would be great!

Cheers!

Hello and Welcome MrHarrison.

I've started a new thread for you as your post could get 'lost' in the other thread.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Have you been rolling this loan over since the original payment date, or isnt the payment due yet?

If its overdue, how much have you paid in rollover charges etc.

Does their total amount they say you owe, differ from yours? If so, by how much?

Have you had any correspondance from them if the loan is overdue?

Could you repost the letters/emails minus personal info?

Have you had any phone calls from them, or has all contact been by email/letter?

Provide as much info as you can and we can help better.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I've had no emails but one call and text a day which I'll be honest I haven't responded to because I've been bricking it. The charge they say on their website is now 697 and I haven't paid anything off yet. To be honest when I lost my job I just did the stupid thing of just living in a bubble and ignoring everything!

Ok. Read http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter write the letter and that should take care of the telephone calls.

I have to ask, why are you scared of negotiating with them? OFt regulation says they have to take your circumstances into account, and to be fair, Wonga are one of the better PDL's out there.

If you cant meet the stated repayments, you need to write and tell them and offer an alternative. Doing nothing could just make the situation worse.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 weeks later...

I have an arrangement with wonga and they have been brilliant. Just call them and set something achievable up. I set up a payment plan and then realised i couldnt make the first payment by four days.....**** myself but emailed them and they said they`d take it the day after.