Gemric V Capital One

Gemric
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my Prelim letter out on the 21st September asking that my £200 was returned, I have not heard anything from them and I am getting ready to send LBA, however I have just checked my cap 1 statements online and to my surprise they have credited my account with £80 calling it an Overlimit fee refund.

I assume they have arrived at the figure by reducing each fee to £12.

I am looking for some advice as to what to do next I will persue them for the remaining £120, LBA next, but do I change my schedule of charges and deduct the £80 paid back. I feel a bit annoyed that they havent bothered to communicate with me.

Thanks

Gem

LLOYDS TSB

4th August 06 - Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent

19th September 06 - Prelim sent

2nd October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

9th October 06 - LBA sent

20th October 06 - Standard Lloyds reply

**N1 to be submitted 27th October 06**

hi there, maybe try giving them a quick ring to see what exactly they have refunded before you go any further. If it is a partial refund, you need to send a seperate letter accepting it as PARTIAL SETTLEMENT but make it clear you will be persuing the rest, through the courts if necessary, so once you have established what this figure is, use this letter http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html and send to them, also why doing that, go to the bank templates section, get your letter before action letter and send that along too, dont take any rubbish about them deducting the £12.00 - that was only a recommendation by OFT not a ruling!!

Any problems just shout

Good luck

• Confused 1

Thanks that was quick, will give them a call

Gem

LLOYDS TSB

I am preparing my LBA having recieved the standard letter from Robert Udy this morning, but I am not sure which address to use. Todays letter only has a PO Box address and as I understand it you cant send recorded delivery to a PO Box. So would I be better sending to the same place as my prelim letter which was 350 Euston Road, London or taking a chance a not sending it recorded delivery?

Sorry for being so thick but I want to get it right....

LLOYDS TSB

send it to either address, it doesnt have to be recorded del as long as you get proof of postage from the post office, a judge deems a letter served two days after posting (if it was first class)