Virgin Media overcharges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had virgin media for years on their 3 for £30 deal (Phone, Broadband and a TV Package for £30) when I moved into my place years ago.

I noticed in the middle of last year that they've been debitting me £50+ a month for AGES (This isnt phone usage or and pay per TV services, they've upped the price of the package) and when I queried why they said "we sent you a letter" which they certainly did NOT.

I said I had no letter and wanted a refund for the difference as ive never signed any contracts saying I wanted to pay more than the £30 per month that I signed up for.

They basically dismissed my complaint and I didnt know where to turn etc. But as I am on this forum now I thought I'd see if any of you guys might know what I can do?

Please let me know

Thanks

Luke

Have you been dealing with this in writing?

Take a read HERE and follow their complaints code.

Your other option is to Email the CEO [email protected]

• Haha 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

virgin have a very bad reputation in doing this i have seen case people have signed for a 20.00 pm contract and it ends up costing around 45.00-55.00 then after 6months 70.00.

i would contact them in writing and sent it recorded as that is your proof of contact.you can phone them but to be honest you either get someone on the end of the phone that you cant understand and vice versa or your call summary is not logged to the depth of the disscussion.

also inform them by writing you will be getting in touch with there regulators to inform them what has happend i know many new customors have had issues with virgin media and its shocking to see even there loyal long term customers are beeing treated the same.

also rember if your not tied to a contract you can leave them there are so many good deals out there now

thanks for your replies guys.

My complaint is from start to finish in writing (I prefer it that way when dealing with people like this). When they refused to refund the difference I left Virgin late last year.

Can I still take it to the ombudsman?

Yeah, work out how much you think they owe you, and tell them that you feel they breached the contract. I would also SAR them, and see if they include the "letter" they sent including the price increase. I personally, providing you have enough information in writing that they have increased this price without letting you know, I would think this would stand up in court.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

I opted out of recieving paper statements years ago, and I had no significant enough balance changes to warrant me trawling through statements and checking what might be up.

It was only when I decided to run an analysis of my incoming/outgoing as im looking to move house that I noticed it really. (Too much trust in companies to bill me only what they're meant to and not whatever they decide?)