mbna/virgin card debt - drydens/arrows/restons discounts offer - now got claim form - help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What letter did you not respond to ( point 11 in your WS ) ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Witness Statement

The Agreement

1. This statement is made in opposition to the Claimants application for summary judgement and by which the Claimant contends that Ihave no real prospect of successfully defending the claim made against myself.

2. The claim in this action is for monies outstanding under a Virgin MBNA branded credit card facility regulated by the Consumer Credit Act1974,(removed).

3 I submitted a defence whereby I put the Claimant to strict proof as to how I entered this Agreement. No response was received. Prior to this I had made 2 requests under CPR 31.14 for the disclosure of the documents relied on in their particulars of claim. The first request was on the 22/10/12 which the claimants failed to accept as it was unsigned. The second,24/10/12 which was not responded to even though it was signed.I believe the spirit upon which the CPR operates means that they should have responded to my requests,especially as i am a LIP(see T1 and T2)

4 I disagree that ”xx” the true copy of the agreement Is slightly difficult to read. I contend that it is illegible and as such renders the agreement unenforceable in a court of law as prescribed in The Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations1983 (SI 1983/1557).

Terms and Conditions

On the true copy there are parts of the agreement missing;on the alleged reverse side(1e) there is a paragraph missing after the words ”we will not charge interest” and the next labelling for the agreement is (1h). I would question the claimant that there are parts of the agreement missing ie 1F and 1G or the words “ we will not charge interest”

Also on the true copy (reverse) it is not headed “Credit agreement regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974 terms and conditions as required for a credit agreement to conform to said act.

The reconstituted copy which is barely legible ,the front of the copy has nothing to tie it to the back,and even contradicts what the claimant states that these were the terms and conditions related to the front of said Agreement, as it has vir 04/04 on the signature] side and ver 02/04 on the alleged reverse. Therefore there is no proof the terms and conditions relate to the signed document and therefore does not conform to the Credit Consumer Act 1974 which states that the terms and conditions must be embodied in the four corners of the Agreement.

The T&C are therefore inconsistent and unrelated.

Notice of Assignment

5. At no time has the Claimant proven a notice of assignment has been served,merely an alleged reconstituted copy.In the OFT guidance notes for business on the Consumer Credit Act section 2.12 it recommends retaining proof of postage. It is not agreed that a Notice of Assignment was sent by the Claimants “sophisticated” computer system and the claimant is put on strict proof that one was sent, a proof of postage ,and delivery confirmation from the Post Office or something as simple would suffice.

Default Notice

6. The amount £12,6 is different to the amount£12,2 which is what is listed in their alleged default notice. I do not agree with the amounts on their copy of a default notice as this would include penalty charges which should not be included in the default notice.

I put the claimants to strict proof that the default notice was served.

I have not received the O.F.T guidelines on default notices

Conclusion

7. I did not respond to letter xx as a LIP I was unaware at that time that I should have responded.

8. In these circumstances the court is invited to conclude that there are reasonable grounds with triable issues to support that I will be able to successfully defend the claimants claim and that the Claimants application for summary judgement against me be dismissed.

Statement of Truth

Dated this day xxxxxxxxxx

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I take it that I have waffled too much.Thanks Andy

:-D Just a Tad

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I take it that I have waffled too much.Thanks Andy

CB it was a letter inviting me to withdraw or SJ would be applied for

Ah righto.. well irrelevant now as AO has provided you with an edited WS to send :lol:

In the post where you have provided a copy of the Default Notice, there is also a copy of the Envelope. Did you actually receive the DN ? or is that Restons providing you with a copy of the envelope as well ??

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1 more stupid question,can I put my ws online only or do I need to send an actual copy to the court and Pestons( I need to send to these I know) ta

Edited by lutin
stupidity

No Pestons did not send the enveleope,Oh my god have I been confused, more than a confused person at the wrong confused persons conference

No worries.. It is just that it is most unlike MBNA to send letters by 1st class mail.. even UK first class mail :)

I wouldn't waste any more energy worrying about the envelope :)

BCOBS

1 more stupid question,can I put my ws online only or do I need to send an actual copy to the court and Pestons( I need to send to these I know) ta

No.... hard copy to court/claimant..if Pestons accept electronic service then you could email as well.

Andy

Well I am off to the hearing(SJ) tomorrow will see what happens???You never know the solicitor might be a babe .......if you are reading Restons...do you employ Babes? lol

Other than that any advise would be appreciated from fellow CAGGERs such as things to say to judge or even coming to an agreement(sic):-D

Best of luck lutin the CAG is behind you.

Stand your ground...if unsure ask them to repeat.....give it thought before you answer.

Regards

Andy

• Confused 1

The District Judge was not interested in my arguments on the enforcibility of the agreement

..he only wanted to know if I signed the agreement.

.he asked the barrister from Pestons to supply a running statement of the account(in 56 days).

I think that he just wanted another judge to deal with it

if pestons supply a running statement they can apply for Summary Judgement again.

It was very frustrating as the Judge did not want to go into any detail as to the enforcibility of the agreement...ahhhhhh.

This is so frustrating,

I don't know if the Judge was on my side or not....but I think not.

He barely let me speak and Pestons barrister was pretty crap ,said about 3 words with no conviction whatsoever.

Cheers Lutin

• 2 months later...

Right,

very quick BIG ASK for help.

Does anyone have the terms and conditions for MBNA/Virgin credit card for 2011.

I am in court tomorrow am .and they have stitched me up like a kipper

serving a witness statement a working day before hearing

...I know they should not but the judge may allow it

and if he/she does I am dead in the water!!

A hopeful Lutin.

type in MBNA in the search on the right of the grey top toolbar.

that will show you all the MBNA threads

that should give you what you want...

can you not ask/get the hearing delayed?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unfortunately they did and the judge allowed it.

I had them on non compliance of sec 78..The terms and conditions were different to default notice.They said it was a mistake so served a new WS on Friday afternoon,in normal post.This WS had different T&Cs which they said complied with their obligations.After judge said they were poor in putting wrong conditions for 7 months of action,:mad2: ultimately he said you had money ,you owe it so pay it plus their costs SJ in their favour.

Regards a disillusioned(with the legal system) Lutin.

judge lottery then sadly

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...