Craig v Lloyds - From the Start.

buzzbaa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

Day1 - Went into my local branch toaday, to demand copy of all charges from the last 6 years, to my suprise they printed them all off on both accounts for FREE!!:) What a face she pulled. She went to speak to her manager, and came back to her printer. I was shaking, but i had a great tingly feeling at the same time!!

So, ive just come home, and typed up a letter using the template provided, along with charges shown in a table, adding upto £435. (o/d excess charges, unpaid dd, so, chqs).

Im going to take the letter in to branch tomorrow, and hopefully get someone to sign for it. Gives me more joy, face to face. (am i right in doing this, it gives me such a good feeling).:)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - nice one buzzbaa :D

Tempted to try the same myself...!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Sorry to be premature...

Sent the charges letter to Lloyds last week, do they normally reply within the 14 days, or is it normally a case of sending the second 14 day letter?

Just that next week, im going on hols, and if need be, i shall type letter up, and give to a friend to post on the 14th day.

(Other reason im posting is for my own use to keep log of my actions :) )

Thanks

Craig

Hi Folks,

Sorry to be premature...

Sent the charges letter to Lloyds last week, do they normally reply within the 14 days, or is it normally a case of sending the second 14 day letter?

Just that next week, im going on hols, and if need be, i shall type letter up, and give to a friend to post on the 14th day.

(Other reason im posting is for my own use to keep log of my actions :) )

Thanks

Craig

hi i would wait for the full 14 days its best to srick to the timetable, if you are slightly late it does not matter, you might even get an offer before then:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Just returned off holiday, with two letters posted from lloyds, andover office.

The 1st one stating, they are unhappy that im unhappy, and they will take a look at my charges.

then the 2nd one, saying they have looked, and belived they have charged me correctly, and that this is there final letter.

So what now people?

Is it a N1 form??

And is it easy enough to do, is there anything i need to know.

Cheers

Craig

N1 is the old fashioned going and filing at your local county court

MCOL is money claim online and is all done in front of the computer, you need to choose which is best for you, personally I like the old fashioned route.

All the templates you need for either way are indeed in the library as suggested by Midge.

I dont konw if im jumping the gun.

As previous post - Lloyds have said "no", and "this is our final letter".

Ive not yet sent an LBA, do i need to?

If not, im going to do an MCOL. But the charges are for two accounts.

Do i need to file two, or do i put in acc details, acc opened etc on one claim.

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig,

Yes you should send the LBA, just so the Courts know that you have given LTSB plenty of time to settle before you start the Court action.

HTH

Barty :)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Two weeks since i sent my LBA. No reply from LLoyds. Did send Reg Post.

Is that the norm?

Going to file MCOL, but ive gone over my o/draft twice this month so im expecting another 2 x £30 charges at the end of the month.

Im thinking of waiting for those to come through and then file my MCOL,

or can i file now, and then add them later?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Folks,

Yet another question. Ive read the MCOL template, and fully understand it.

BUT - where do i send it too. Think im loosing the plot, cannot see anything on the page relating to sending to.

Thanks

Craig

Yes, you don't send the template anywhere, it goes in the 'Particulars of claim' section on Moneyclaim online. What you do need to send seperately though is a schedule of charges. Heres a cover - send two copies.

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Im thinking of waiting for those to come through and then file my MCOL, or can i file now, and then add them later?

No, unfortunately the amount you claim for cannot be changed once you've filed. Well, not without a formal application anyway, which is alot of messing about and costs £35. If I were you I'd wait untill the new charges are added.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

No, don't worry about that. You've warned them you'll be filing a claim to recover the charges levied and thats good enough. Just add it to your total for the court claim.

• 4 weeks later...

Head office is best - 25 Gresham Street. It'll be on your statements.

Hi Folks,

I know this has nothing to do with this thread,

But a friend of mine had a business account with overdraft of 5k, and was always going over limit, and getting charged.

is this possible to persue, even though its a business account.

Kind Regards

Craig

Yep, as Barty said.

Only thing that differs is a) you can't use the Data Protection Act to get account information - this should not be a problem though as businesses are supposed to keep at least 6 years of records, and b) you can't cite the consumer regs in your claim, ie the UTCCR's and UCTA.

Not sure to be honest. All I know is that section 7 of the data protection act allows right of subject access only for personal data. It may be best if he just asked for it from the bank - without saying what its for obviously!

Back to my claim:

ive done my MCOL, just read through it, and realised ive not done my interest, etc.

With the claim (£495) i didnt add the interest, as it was to difficult to calculate from my bank statements, and im quite happy with the above figure,

But what does the interest jargon refer to on the MCOL. I understand the daily interest (8% which works out at 11p), but what does the other refer to?

Once again, to be honest, i dont mind missing the whole interest thing off the claim, would this matter at all?

Craig