Dismissed today with no warning -

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was sacked this morning without any warning and was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice?. I have been poorly with pleuresy for two weeks. I had a doctors certificate which I gave to my employer. I was told to return to work doing only light duties as per my doctor, however, I was placed on light duties for one day and then when I mentioned to my manager that I needed longer,nothing changed. In total I have had to take 3 weeks sick due to this illness. I went back to work yesterday and was dismissed today. The reason I was given was that I am not reliable and I am not quick enough in my job. He said that they were unable to offer me more training as they did not have the time so I was dismissed. I have only ever been spoken to once about 3 months ago regarding my speed in the job and was told that I would be offered training to help me get quicker, this never happened. The company have a disciplinary proceedure involving written warnings and a final written warning before dismissal. This did not happen with me. I have been working for the company since oct 18 2011. Could I take this further with a solicitor? I have a 3 year old little boy and wife to support and I feel that I have been treated unfairly. Any help and advice would be a real help. Thanks.

Hi, welcome to the CAG

I'm sorry for what has happened to you. Unfortunately, as you have been employed for less than 1 year an unfair dismissal claim will not stand. As unfair as it might be, and does appear to be from your post, the employer can dismiss you for pretty much anything (bar a disability) until you have one years service.

Ou can obviously appeal the decision to dismiss you, and I would suggest you do that ASAP. Appeal on the founds that you feel that they have not taken any mitigating circumstances into consideration.

Good luck..

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Unfortunately your employer can get rid of you at any time within your first year without following there disciplinary procedure. This is what is usually refered to as the 12 months rule.

However if it can be proven that you have been dismissed due to sex, race, religion, sexuality etc then the 12 month rule does not apply. You would have to show a tribunal that this is without doubt why you where dismissed.

J

Heh :-) least we said the same!

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

Payment in lieu of notice incase you didn't know the acronym.

What have they paid you? Or said they would?

Hi, I was sacked this morning without any warning and was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice?. I have been poorly with pleuresy for two weeks. I had a doctors certificate which I gave to my employer. I was told to return to work doing only light duties as per my doctor, however, I was placed on light duties for one day and then when I mentioned to my manager that I needed longer,nothing changed. In total I have had to take 3 weeks sick due to this illness. I went back to work yesterday and was dismissed today. The reason I was given was that I am not reliable and I am not quick enough in my job. He said that they were unable to offer me more training as they did not have the time so I was dismissed. I have only ever been spoken to once about 3 months ago regarding my speed in the job and was told that I would be offered training to help me get quicker, this never happened. The company have a disciplinary proceedure involving written warnings and a final written warning before dismissal. This did not happen with me. I have been working for the company since oct 18 2011. Could I take this further with a solicitor? I have a 3 year old little boy and wife to support and I feel that I have been treated unfairly. Any help and advice would be a real help. Thanks.

Pleuresy is a terrible illness and you will need time to build yourself up again. I am really sorry that you got the sack for being sick and appreciate how worried you are.

However, look aftre your health first. Sleep and recover fully.

• 1 year later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3688 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks