mackenzie hal/capquest/eggl overdue account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am new to forum and hoping someone here will be able to help.

I received a letter today from Mackenzie Hall a "notice of overdue account" who mark capquest as pursurers for egg banking plc and an ammount of outstanding debt.

"This letter is to inform you of our clients intended action, even if you do not acknowledge this"

but does not actually state any intended action

I can not work out where to go from here I have no recollection of this debt or ever having an account with Egg. I rang them (Mackenzie Hall) to try and find out more and they quoted a previous address of mine and said the debt was taken out in 2003 while at previous address. They were going to offer a settlement figure but I said I had no intention of paying as wasn't aware of the debt or its origins the advisor then told me to ring the police and call them back with a incident number so they could take it further.

I am wondering if this is necessary I am considering sending a SAR letter but who should I send this to Mackenzie Hall, Capquest or Egg and do you think it would be any benefit to me. I also had a look at my equifax report and could find no reference to any of the above at all.

Thanks hopefully someone can help because I am very confused at the moment as where to go from here

Hi Welcome to CAG.

A SAR would go to Egg, but a CCA request goes to MH,

this may well be a statute barred debt.

Do the CCA request to MH first.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

"This letter is to inform you of our clients intended action, even if you do not acknowledge this"

Ha ha, that must be a new turn of phrase they have put into their threatomatic, a bit like "Valid even if not read by you" I think Muck hall, you can safely say that this is yet again an "EPIC FAIL" Morons!!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Had the same letter myself last week. Mackenzie Hall acting on behalf of Crapquest chasing a debt from someone I've never dealt with. I'd CCA's Crapquest back in July 2009 and have yet to have the relevant documents sent. Now Mackie Hall are chasing the alleged debt. Given that I've had no credit for over 7 years then they're on a hiding to nothing.

I'd agree with the Brigadier. CCA Mack Hall and watch them be unable to find any original agreement...

If the accounts from 2003 then its more than likely statute barred. save yourself a quid and send them the prove it letter. The onus is on MHall and Egg Banking (perhaps a misprint there) to prove the debt exists and that you're liable for it and that they have the right to collect. Challenging MuckHall to send you anything other than threatograms is often futile as they don't ever seem to have much in the way of paperwork. When they fail to comply with your letter hit them with a complaint. They'll have eight weeks to resolve it and if they don't you ramp it up to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Agree with the others, send the prove it letter from the CAG library linked at the top of each screen.

Please stay off the phone unless you are able to record the conversation :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi thanks for all your guidance this may be me just getting a little confused with wordings and abbreviations but when you say prove it letter do you mean the request for copy of Consumer Credit Agreement? As I can find no other reference to a "prove it" letter sorry this is all new to me. Just confused as NailPost said "save yourself a quid and send them the prove it letter" but just noticed as I went to send it that the CCA letter still states enclosed £1 postal giro. Thanks

just heard back from prove it letter they have sent " further to your recent correspondence we require to speak to you urgently please call us on" etc. etc.

any reccomendations ?

Don't phone them. You have made them a proper request for them to prove to you the debt exists and they have the documents to satisfy anyone of that. Their pathetic response probably proves they don't have the paperwork but they would rather like to bully and harrass you into paying anyway. Few weeks ago I may have suggested a gentle reminder telling to put up or shut up but bearing in mind the sudden hike in postage I'd just go straight down the complaint route. Write to their compliance manager pointing out you have asked for proof of the debt they are claiming and they simplyjust want to talk about it - You have told them you will only deal inn writing haven't you? - and that you are disatisfied with their response. Tell him the statement is an official complaint and you await his reply.If that doesn't come along within eight weeks you can ramp it upto the next level.

" further to your recent correspondence we require to speak to you urgently please call us on" etc.

Oh well, the correspondence stops their then doesn't it! The price increase on postage is also a plus on our side too, as these fools might just stop sending out their mickey mouse comic strip letters and think long and hard about the content of their fake letters.

Ignore them, you have absolutely NO legal responsibility to do anything they say, least of all something that is printed in a letter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!