Problem with Broadband provider Tiscali

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone else had a problem getting a MAC (Migration Access Code) from Tiscali. I have been requesting one since June when I wanted to change to another provider. Ofcom have not been able to help nor have BT. Although I cancelled DD and Tiscali broadband, they have still been taking money out of my account. I don't know what else to do. Have made numerous telphone calls and written several letters but still no action!

If anyone has had this problem and been able to resolve it pleeeeease let me know - AM DESPERATE!!!!!(and annoyed)

What were their reasons for refusing to provide one when requested?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

What were their reasons for refusing to provide one when requested?

Thank you for replying so quickly. Sorry if i was a little misleading but because of their actions i take it they are refusing - they haven't actually said that. In fact whenever I have rang they have said they will e mail it to me in 5 days but they don't do it. When i ring again they say the same again and when i tell them that I want the code there and then they say it isn't possible. They have not replied to any of my letters.

I don't see why they can't give it out over the phone.

Ring them again and demand to speak to a senior manager. If they say this is not possible, refer them to section 14 of their own Code of Practice:

http://media.phonehouse.com/mediaserver/servlet/AssetServer?id=PDFS149263&ver=5&RD=YES

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.