Arden credit management

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

looking for advice,

I ran in to difficulties at the start of the credit crunch about 4 years ago, had 1 large loan £15k and 2/ 3 credit cards

was laid off hence difficulty

tried to claim on ppi and told not covered,

went for reclaim and told not mis sold

strugled with payments for a year but couldn't keep up

eventually mbna (loan) defaulted me nearly 3 years a go,

I went through a ppi reclaim company and the refunds settled the credit cards and reduced loan to an outstanding amount of £17,600

untill 3 weeks ago I hadn't heard any thing from mbna and was just left with the defaulted sum on my credt file,

Arden credit management have written to say they now act for a company that have brought the debt,

I realise they can do this I wrote back explaining that I can't even make full mortgage payments at the moment

i've had to go on interest only till my situation improves,

all though I don't have any other priority debts

i only earn £8'500 per year at mo and so sent a nominal £1.00 payment

( i now realise perhaps i shouldn't have done that after 3 years of non payment)

Arden have ignored my letter I don't believe they have my phone number

i'm ex directory and they haven't as yet phoned,

they have threatened door step visit so will send the door step template letter,

should I cca them ?

they've threatend a property charge,

but the loan origonally is only in my name not joint and un secured.

The house is in joint names so my wife will own half the equitty,

can any one advise me the best way to proceed

many thanks

mikey130

My latest credit report moves it from mbna to moorgate loans, and mbna wrote to say they were selling the debt to a company that I can't recall the name of probably moorgates parent company the default date is still 2009 and the amount outstanding remains the same

what do you mean moves it?

who is listed as the owner?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why did you use a reclaims co!

did you get back all you should have?

dx\

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why did you use a reclaims co!

did you get back all you should have?

dx\

ok have just checked credit report, loan owned by moorgate(aof2) default date is 30/01/2010

and out standing ammount is £17,083 wow !

I used a ppi company as i'd tried my self and got no where, didn't know of groups such as this never having been in difficulty before ( it can happen to any one ) and they happened to ring my mobile just as i'd been defaulted, after 6 months struggling and offering reduced payments all off which were refused, I do believe I got back all i should have.

to me something smells on this

moorgate loans servicing ltd are botton of the pile collection agency

i cant see why MBNA sold this on

there has got to be a very good reason they dropped this loan

and that will be to your advantage too.

you just need to find out why.

have you all the oc 's statements?

dx

and they

Thanks dx, i've just dug out the the last letter from mbna dated 20th feb 2012, telling me my loan has been sold to AOF 2 sarl and will be adminstered by moorgate loan servicing ltd from 27th feb 2012.

excuse my ignorance butwhat are oc's statements ?

this was a top up loan and I definantly never signed a cca it was all agreed by phone is this to my advantage ?

and can I dispute the amount being as I tried to reclaim ppi in person and got a complete refusal, but since then a ppi claims company have reclaimed for me and of course charged 25% for there services, I was definantly mis sold ppi as i was self employed and there for not covered and of course this was before the oft ruling should I not be able to recover those costs from mbna ? by the way what a great and empowering site.

Ok how thick am i original creditor statements, i've kept every thing i ever received from mbna so yes i will have them, they definantly have never supplied a cca and i don't think i've ever signed 1, it baffles me that they took over 2 years to sell the loan after defaulting me, is this a clerical error or did some thing spook them may be ?

any suggestions on my next course of action would be much appreciated.

you say it was a 'top-up' loan

you mean old finance was refinanced into another loan?

if so and that had PPI then your reclaim should have been at least double [PPI on PPI, PPI int on PPI INT]

that might be the reason?

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

hi Ro, if you take a look at sold on to idem (victorias tread) from page 3 and michaelangelos thread you'll find all my updates

i'm in and out all day to day but read those 2 and they'll set you right for now will check on your proress later today.

cheers mikey oh just search ARDEN CREDIT MANAGEMENT the threads are near the top.

Hi guys right this morning have received what looks like a completely true copy of a loan agreement with mbna, electronic signautures, and a full statement from loan being taken out up to and includeing £1.00 nominal payment sent by my self in aprill, any advise on what my next mave should be ?

mikey

PENALTY charges anywhere

and i think you should knock up a spreadsheet to chek all you should of gotten back on the PPI

reclaim IS correctly there

esp the multiple rollover.

if you have all the agreeents

then post them up

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

and they

Hi M, no its ticks done on the internet, they are recognised as signatures these days, try,ing to sort all my paperwork out to scan in for dx to look at, not to bothered if its genuine will stick to my guns and offer token £1.00 payments all the way to the court room if I have to and rely on the good old british justice system not to make me pay more than i can afford, after all the debt is unsecured and only in my name the hause is in joint names, and why should my family suffer I was fine till the credit crunch hit.

Hi Mikey! This,seems to be a favourite ploy of MBNA's we are not dealing with scrupulous honest and above board people here! I have,seen many things in my life and these peoople are the most unscrupulous I have EVER met!! So Mike. Dont trust these barstewards! You are not on your own here@ Thanks for all your help with my thread@Above and beyond the call of duty! This does seem very fishy ask yhe site teams advice in challenging a Recon statement!!

thanks m, will do hope to scan every thing in at weekend am out working all day, sometimes till quite late so jump on here to reply to people when ever I have 5 mins. signed 18th jan 2007

mikey

I'm not sure you would get on well with the line of argument that says, on the one hand - "unenforceable agreements" (if that's what you have in mind), but on the other, claiming back PPI against the same agreements - especially when you've already had the PPI reclaim settled. I've got no problem with that as a principle, given that MBNA have sold the agreements to debt buying ****, but you might struggle with that line of argument. That would result in you being paid for having the loan, which is taking the mickey by any standard! Good luck though.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

don't get me wrong i'm not saying the agreement is unenforceable,

the ppi I had back was on 3 loans and 2 credit cards,

so a lot of ppi and a lot of interest,

what anoys me was when my circumstances changed I tried to claim on the ppi and was told I wasn't covered in the exact circumstances

they had assured me I would be covered for when they sold it to me,

and then when I tried claiming it back as "it must surely have been mis sold" there investigation concluded that it wasn't mis sold !

remember this was all pre oft hearing,

as soon as a solicitor wrote to reclaim ppi they refunded it.

at the moment I can only afford token payments and if they don't wish to accept this fact then i'm happy for them to take me to court

and let a judge decide what I can afford to pay I know i owe them some thing

but I need to know exactly how they arrive at the figures, a

nd as I had to pay considerable fees to get the ppi back I personally think that should come of my balance.

mikey

Don't worry Mikey, I just hope you get a good outcome.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

Thanks Fred sorry about the rant, it just annoys me these people are happy to/ even encourage you to borrow when times are good, you hit unexpected bad times and they won't even consider any offers of reduced payment MBNA totally refused every offer I made them, prefering to default me and then sell the problem on and ARDEN look to be exactly the same.

cheers

Mikey

Thanks Fred sorry about the rant, it just annoys me these people are happy to/ even encourage you to borrow when times are good, you hit unexpected bad times and they won't even consider any offers of reduced payment MBNA totally refused every offer I made them, prefering to default me and then sell the problem on and ARDEN look to be exactly the same.

cheers

Mikey

Don't worry Mikey,

I've certainly been there as have many others on this forum.

Regards.

Fred