eBay buyer

afcwben
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4285 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sold a wheelchair on eBay and described it as second hand but immaculate. I eventually sold it to a woman who asked me question after question and all were replied factually and accurately.After she recieved it she claimed the battery doesnt work, I stated it is brand new and I have the warranty if she wants. she then stated it was worn out and five years old, I messaged her saying yes it is five years old but had never been used not even taken out of the house. She then complained the footrests were incorrect and the control panel was on the wrond side. I said to her that if she asked me those questions I would have replied and she could have decided to not buy.She however raised a dispute with eBay who have found in her favour without seeking any evidence from me, I am aware she has bought an old chair and I am positive she is trying to fob off on to me. However, I stand by the item.I do not want to refund the money and she has bought it and not asked the right questions, eBay state I have to refund her. Anyone know what my rights are on this one?

This sounds like the woman is trying to avoid paying you, a popular occupation on Ebay. I would remind the woman and Ebay of ' Caveat Emptor ' or buyer beware. Stick by your description and the fact that you have been open and honest with the buyer. I can't see what Ebay can do about it other than close your account. They won't start putting negative remarks on your feedback because that will make Ebay look to be riddled with crooks. If Ebay do get stroppy and close your account, open another one if you feel you have to use this awful site. There are other ones that are cheaper and less hassle.

Empty your Paypal account straightaway as they are owned by Ebay otherwise you may find they have stopped you getting access to your own money.

Is the battery brand new as in brought recently or is it 5 years old but never used?

And I also sold a disabled scooter on ebay once and all they could do was moan. These people have nothing better to do with their time than moan.

• 3 months later...

I had the same sort of thing happen to me, but with another product... he wanted a refund and said he would return the goods once the money was in his account... yeah right.....

I told him that I had taken legal advice ( I hadn't) but I knew basically the e-bay rules...

I said I would refund the goods once I had received them back and that he had to pay the postage for the return of goods. I reminded him that I had accurately described the item and any faults it may have had.. and he had ample time to ask any questions regarding this.

Once he realised I was onto his [problem], he backed down and then told me he was in fact happy with the goods, he then left me positive feedback which I returned, (no point in being nasty), I really think sometimes you need to call people's bluff as there are too many rip off merchants out there...

Hope you get a good result with this but don't let this person intimidate you...