style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4450 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all

I have been brought to the forum as a result of an unwanted and unnerving visit from TASK Enforcement to enforce a warrant for a debt of £202. This was as a result of an unpaid parking fine from Lambeth Council

The car belongs to my sister but I was driving at the time. i made unsuccessful appeals to the council and then missed a deadline when replying to the courts who had increased the amount to the £202 it now stands at.

Mt sister no longer lives with us but the bailiffs insisted the would seize goods unless receipts could be provided proving ownership. To the best of my knowledge this is the first contact we have had with the bailiffs. they have certainly never attended prior to today.

The total fee of £655.34 was reluctantly paid and was broken down as follows on a 'Notice of Seizure of Goods & Inventory'

PCN owing £202

Letter £11.20

Levy Fee £58.95

Attendance to remove Goods/Vehicle £305.50

VAT £77.69

Total £655.34

The attendance to remove Goods/Vehicles seems extortionate and completely unreasonable. The amount was paid, no goods were removed and it is the first time they have visited.

Is this the norm and a reasonable charge

Is there any advice/steps i can take to try and recover this money from them