Suspended for 12 weeks advice please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to this, my mother told me to read these forums as she is aware of the situation i find myself in.

Brief background: I work within the NHS and have done so for the last 8 years, I love my job very much but it has been getting harder and harder with all the changes (Staff cuts, Bed closures etc) within the NHS.

I have been suspended from work since early Jan due to something that happened a month before, I am still not 100% certain what the incident is really about although I have a rough idea, the incident that they are saying i'm suspended for has got nothing to do with me, I cover a specific part of the Hospital I work in and the incident happened somewhere completly seperate. I used to be a union steward and I will always stand up for myself, my manager does not like the fact that I am willing to stand up but more importantly that I know how to follow the policies and procedures that they supply to us where as she does not. This may sound like i am being bitter to my manager, honestly i'm not, she has been in charge of our department for the last 5 years and I along with many others have seen how our morale has gone downhill but also that our service has suffered because of it.

When I got called in to be suspended, they told me that i would be suspended for a period of 4 weeks on full pay and full enhancements and that it is in no way impling guilt but i am not allowed to speak to anyone that I work with, they then handed me the suspension policy and told me they would be in contact, i noticed when i got home that the policy says they have to write to me within a set time but they over run this by 2 days, when the 4 weeks were up they informed me in writing that it would be extended for a further 3 weeks, that was the last I heard untill the other day when they sent me a letter saying meeting tomorrow.

I have an investigation meeting tomorrow afternoon and would like some advice if poss.

Many thanks

The NHS are notoriously terrible when it comes to disciplinary action. I've seen people previously suspended for nearly a year!

What are the allegations against you? Is it considered gross misconduct? Unfortunately, they only have to give you definitive allegations after the investigatory meeting, so you may have a wait yet. Hang in there and hopefully things will work out.

Thanks becky

I work in a team of 5 but cover one specific area, the allegation is that the team refuesd to carry out a request, how could i refuse if I was unawre of the request because it was out of my normal area of work.

scousepie, thanks for the link, I have been in contact with ACAS and they have told me to wait until I have my investegatory meeting, I was told that there was a limit that they were allowed to suspend you for but I am not sure if that is the case now.

scousepie, thanks for the link, I have been in contact with ACAS and they have told me to wait until I have my investegatory meeting, I was told that there was a limit that they were allowed to suspend you for but I am not sure if that is the case now.

Tiredandwaiery keep us informed of the situation... good luck.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

thank you to both of you, my meeting is for 3pm tomorrow and I have a meeting with my Union rep at 2:30, I will post on here once I have had my meeting to shed some more light on the subject and hopefully I can give you all details, should I post in this thread or start a new one, i suppose this thread would be best