ESA contributions based

breakingbad1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i have recently won my appeal at the tribunal and am still waiting for the information from the DWP. my query is basically i have been on esa contributions based since my claim started but dont quite know why because i am 23 now, live alone and only receive this benefit along with housing benefit.

ive always been under the impression i am entitled to income based as i haven't worked for 3 years due to my illness. when speaking to the jobcentre back about a year ago i was told i dont qualify for income based but i dont understand why not really.

the reason i want clarity on this situation is because of this new legislation put in place for esa contributions based being stopped after a year. i haven't received a letter regarding it but have a feeling that i might in the near future even though i have just passed my appeal and satisfy them that i am unable to work.

can somebody please tell me if i do qualify for income based or not. if anymore information is needed im more than happy to give it. any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

why would i be on ESA youth if im not under 20 or in education though? seems quite strange. i haven't actually received a letter regarding this matter so i shouldn't worry to much about it. im more worried about whether i can get onto income based as i believe im entitled to it with my situation.

would i be considered for income based now the rules have changed. its to my understanding if your on contributory based and are able to receive income based they will move you straight onto it. i would consider myself to be on a low income as all i receive is esa and housing benefit. i met the national insurance contributions in the passed but i havent worked for 3 years now so surely i dont meet that requirement anymore.

Sorry I don't have the knowledge as to why you are on contributory based ESA and not income based or of how to change or when to change; hopefully someone will know. But I just wanted to say that if you are in the support group of ESA you can continue getting contributory ESA longer than a year. The year restriction will only be for those in the work related activity group of ESA.

If you currently receive the full esa for your circumstances and that's onl contributions based, you can't get income based.

You would only get income based if you don't meet the contributions test or are entitled to the severe or enhanced disability premiums.