should I apply for ESA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

My GP has advised I am unable to work for some time, I have been mentally ill from bullying in last job - do you think I should apply for ESA as I've applied for 300 jobs, 5 interviews, no one recruting due to high sickness from last job when forced out

I am unable to stand for an hour or more, lift over 5 kilos and get upset very easily

Just a word of caution though, many people apply for ESA on their GP's advice but ATOS and then the Tribunal service disagree so just because your GP says this doesn't mean you will necessarily be eligible. On the face of it you seem to be coping ok with the jobseeking process, applying, interviewing?

On the cotrary, feelingsad, the GP is the expert. Just because the DWP and ATOSH, in their ignorance, choose to ride roughshod over the one professional who is in the best position to know, doesn't mean the OP is not eligible. It might be the system incorrectly tries to stop the entitlement but that is not a foregone conclusion ...

And your evidence for this is where?

Andrew has managed to successfully apply for 300 jobs, and has had 5 interviews and has only not been successful because of his previous poor sickness record - he states. I said "on the face of it" as I acknowledge there will be more to this than any of us know and that might not be the case. Is that ok with you Nystagmite? See, I provide evidence when asked.

Just a word of caution though, many people apply for ESA on their GP's advice but ATOS and then the Tribunal service disagree so just because your GP says this doesn't mean you will necessarily be eligible. On the face of it you seem to be coping ok with the jobseeking process, applying, interviewing?

In my case I had been unemployed for over a year and been on JSA all that itme, again I had applyed for 100's of jobs (no interviews though). The time I spent applying for jobs as my health got worse and worse I did worry about how my health would affect my job prospects i.e. disclose and find my application rejected or not disclose and then find myself in trouble with my future employer when my health issues led to time off sick. In the end I became so sick I was forced to apply for ESA and I was placed in the Support Group.

I would say that being able to apply for jobs doesn't make you fit to work.