Please avoid arnold clark!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4416 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As i drove along in the fast lane of the motorway at 70mph with my 4 children in the car, you can imagine my alarm when the bonnet popped up, obscuring my vision and making me swerve across 3 lanes to the safety of the hard shoulder. Phew!! I thought. No, that was only the start...

The bonnet was shut with a crow bar, recoverd by AA and taken to Arnold Clark Bodyshop repair, Grangemouth.

I then received a phone call, "Can you please explain what happened today because we can see no damage to the bonnet mechanism?"

Now, I am being held responsible for the bonnet opening, it will cost me £515 for the repairs and Arnold Clark will have nothing to do with it. That is what I call injustice!!

They are happy to sell cars that only barely meet minimal inspection legal limits, they are most definitely very pleasant when you buy their cars BUT do not expect the same level of service if you have a fault. Instead, you should expect angry, patronising workers who claim that you would sobatage your own vehicle and jeapordise my childrens lives.

YET AGAIN... PLEASE AVOID ARNOLD CLARK AND KIA CARS!!!!!!

Cant really see how its Arnold clarks fault (much as it hurts to say that), you have been driving the car for 3 years and your husband was the last one to open and close the bonnet.

Yes but that was 4 weeks ago. I drive 60-70 miles a day on the motorway. The bonnet should have a safety latch so that it does not pop up. Also, it would have happened before now. I would have seen the bonnet open and possibly moving from my driving position if not closed properly.

How, when and where was it last serviced?

A good quality service should include checks on the safety and operation of the bonnet safety catch, most will lubricate it as part of the service. This ensures it continues to work as it should.

It should probably end with an insurance repair.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

Bonnet safety catches have a nasty life. They sit right at the front of the car, being splattered with salt and water, then if the car is regularly jetwashed, any grease may be washed off. No wonder they seize up. They should be desiged to be positively engaged as the bonnet closes so if they go tight or the spring breaks, they will still work.

Both Renault and Alfa Romeo have had recalls due to issues with bonnet latches.

My first port of call would be Kia UK - don't be fobbed off with any out of warranty talk - it is a safety critical failure. If they fob you off, mention reporting it to VOSA.

Any latch can pop open, usually because it was not fully latched. This is why doors have 2 positions and bonnets have the safety catch.