Barclaycard have refused twice to send me scale of charges

221b
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6437 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Barclaycard account has had not seen activity on it since approx 2003 and I don't even have a current Barclaycard as I paid off my balance years ago. They are saying that as a result, they have nothing on record "in a relevant retrieval system" for me, yet in the same breath are offering to issue me statements at a cost of £3 a pop.

So, do these statements not count as relevant records that they should supply me with copies of FOC under the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)? How can they say on the one hand that they don't have the info, then offer to sell it to me on the other?!!

I just want to be clear on my position and what to say to them as the 40 days have been and gone (27th Sept) and I've just got two poxy letters for my £10 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) fee so far!

Any suggestions as to what I might do next?

I'm aware that I need to proceed with their non-compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), but any other suggestions? How should I word it?

I can't really estimate the charges at this stage as I really haven't a clue what they might be, having cleared out all the statements at the time and written it off as bad loss before the current trend for us consumers claiming back our fees had even started...

Many thanks...

221b

Hello!

I havent been around here for long, but from what I've read, yes its time to send report of non-compliance to the Information Commissioner.

Im about to start on Barclaycard as well. I'll watch your progress with intrest and keep you up to date with mine.

Just had a result from Woolwich. They coughed up at the first sign of the DPA letter. Even returned my £10 cheque!

Good luck, 221b