Charges Made Me O/drawn And Ate Up My Dss Benefits

add-enuff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And you're a sycophant!

:D:D:D:D:D

Currying favour with those in the know, Muggs? I admire your taste in friends!!

Love

Westy

Why thank you Westy....I have been known to suck-up whenever necessary!!!!!

My moto is 'that it is not what you know it's who you know', especially in these circumstances:lol:

:DSUCCESSESS:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

:)CURRENT CLAIMS:)

HALIFAX03

19-SEPT-07 APPLICATION TO HAVE STAY LIFTED

02-OCT-07 APPLICATION REFUSED

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy all, how's everyone getting on?

Sorry haven't been around for a while, have been a bit under the weather, so here's an update:

NW refunded charges of £90.00 into my acc ....just like that... then used it pay the loan payment I missed at end of Jan, so OK with me :)

Have completed AQ using "new strategy"info for sec G on N149 and enclosing Draft Order for Direction.

Am I right in thinking:

I should send copies of AQ & Draft order for Directions to Cobbetts as well as the court?

If Judge accepts it both me and NW must provide relevant info to each other and court within 14 days

If NW don't cough up, this is when I use info in 'Court Bundle' and any relevant docs' etc in prep of going to court

Many thanks in advance of your ideas/ comments :-)

Cheers

Yep on all accounts.

You probably wont have to do the court bundle though, as IN MY EXPERIENCE.....I won:D, they seem to cough up by then.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-successes/31683-muggins73-natwest.html

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

• 2 weeks later...

HIYA...

CONGRATS TO MUGGINS!!!!:D

Does anyone have any advice re' this....

Got copy of Cobblers AQ in sec G they state:

The Claimant has not shown...reasonable grounds for bring the Claim...that the claimant remedy the lack of paticularity pleaded in the particulars of claim...

does this sound the standard response everyone gets?

Case management directions cannot be proposed until the calimant fully particlurises the claim...in light of this the Defendant may ammend its defence or apply to strike out.

are they referring to Draft order for Directions?

Cheers .

Yep to standard respnse on both accounts, honestly nothing to worry about.

As long as you used the template on the forum and sent your schedule along there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Exactly the same defence as I got. Now it is just a matter of waiting to see what instructions the judge gives. He/ she, may agree, and instruct you to extend your POC, and in such an unlikely event this can be dealt with rather swiftly, otherwise it's just a matter of waiiting for your court date and hey-presto your settlement should be along in max. 3 weeks:)

Thanks for the congrats. I'm officially debt free, skint, but debt free:D

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

"officially debt free, skint, but debt free"....Yes I too remember those debt free days of my childhood...they will come again for all of us:D

Just had an interesting 'phone call with NW as they have cancelled my debit card and have refused to let me withdraw the 5 quid in my acc' as they have closed it. The nice man at NW said this was because they had not received a response to their last letter they sent me about the loans(despite them both being sent via Rec' Del over 10 days ago).

Of course we know it's because of my claim re the charges...

He said...

1) as they have noticed that my benefits are no longer going into the acc' perhaps I 'would be so kind as to provide them with the details of my new bank and new acc number Also wanted me to say that I wanted to close the acc' too (HELL NO!!!!!)

2)and did I know that If I am 'lucky enough to have the charges refunded' as an act of goodwill by NW, they will pay them directly into my NW acc' (now closed but only if I want to get at my own money). CHEEKY LITTLE *******I wont be accepting that!

3) I did point out that the Banks Ombudsman was on TV last week ststing that the banks should not take retaliatory action against customers who claim back charges esp actions such as closing acc' etc

Mmmmm, wonder what the OFT & Ombudsman would say?...sadly nothing too helpful I guess

The swines:mad:

I think it's worth writing a complaint, best case scenerio you make natwests lives that bit more difficult and they have to re-open you account, worst case they don't do much but at at least you get the last word.:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

If they DO pay the money into what is now an account (closed by them) thereby denying you access to your money issue proceedings for the return of your money & don't forget to add more interest.

Under NO circumstances divulge you new account details as although, some bank workers on here have said the banks are not, I beleive they are already sharing such info about successful claims. Otherwise why would the guy want your new banks details

They are doing this on the assumption that they won't get into trouble as this government are going to allow the banks to share info on consumers WITHOUT consent

How on earth do these people sleep at night the cretins

"How on earth do these people sleep at night"

Good question, JC.

Why don't you pop round and check how they do it, it being 2.20am?:D:D:D

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

If they DO pay the money into what is now an account (closed by them) thereby denying you access to your money issue proceedings for the return of your money & don't forget to add more interest.

Under NO circumstances divulge you new account details as although, some bank workers on here have said the banks are not, I beleive they are already sharing such info about successful claims. Otherwise why would the guy want your new banks details

They are doing this on the assumption that they won't get into trouble as this government are going to allow the banks to share info on consumers WITHOUT consent

Isn't there a mention of not allowing this on the Particulars of claim template? I shall investigate..

How on earth do these people sleep at night the cretins

.....cos vampires are afraid of daylight, they bleed our accounts dry, they work the night shift cos they have no mates and nobody lves them either....'NAT WEST Bank of the living dead'....

Oh you just know we'll all be on a list of 'undesireable customers'

if that's the case I'll wear my undesireableness as a BADGE OF HONOUR!!!!:D

And whilst I'm on a rebellious rant, I'm not carrying that new ID card either, never mind paying for it!!!!Don't get started on the cost of Gas...

Perhaps he wanted my bank details as they plan to try and counter sue for the loan. Which wont go v far as I am on benefit so the court will propose a nominal payment say £1.00pm, much less than I offered to pay

Will write another 'waste-of-time' letter to the good Mr Higley in C/Services just so I can complain to the Ombudsman when Higley proves to be useless AGAIN.

I need a cuppa and a choccky hob nob now...Nat West, don't you just luv em?

Good question, JC.

Westy

Hi Westy, why pray tell are you still awake? Just keeping an eye on us sad insomniacs?:p I'm only awake as I'm waiting to ambush the tooth fairy when she visits the little girl I'm baby sitting...yes I am that skint!

Night all...

S

Good question, JC.

Westy

Difference is when I DO go to sleep it's with a clear conscience cos the only ones I have turned over today are the banks

:D:D:D

to both.

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

• 4 weeks later...

EVENING ALL...:)

Is anyone else watching the BBC 'Whistleblower' documentary about Barclays Bank employees dodgy dealings?

It prompted me to update you on things with my claim with Nat West.

1)Haven't heard frm the court yet, so waiting for a Hearing Date...will let you know.

2) Complained to Banking Ombudsman about the employee at NW who was abusive to me (see above). They forwarded complaint to NW. Today I received a transcript of the phone call in which NW employee demanded to know my new bank and acc details, demanded to know where my DSS benefits were being paid, refused to let me have my benefit money needed for food and to pay for gas, denied receipt of my letters, admitting they had closed my acc', refusing to negotiate the repayment of the loans they forced me to take out, admitting the bank is struggling to cope with claims for charge refunds etc...again will keep you informed

when I read the transcript I was furious that this NW employee had the audacity to think he could speak to me or anyone else like that...lucky for him it wasn't a face-to-face conversation...:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ombudsman service states they will wait to see how NW handle the complaint. Personally I think NW will have to come up with a MIGHTY apology AND all of the money in my claim.

How is everyone else getting on?

I have just received the hearing date from the court in JULY!!!:eek: Why such a long wait? I'm hoping it's due to the number of cases they're dealing with and not because there is something iffy / complicated about my case.

Is anyone else having a long wait too?

Anyway they attatched directions: - "all parties shall deliver to the court...documents on which he intends to rely in the hearing"

I think they have everything so far. But I just want to check if there is anything else I need to supply ie: re complaint above or anything re' the loans taken out to cover the bank charges. Any one have any idesa?

Thanks

I'm trying very hard to hold onto the belief that there are good people everywhere. Sadly they often get overshaddowed by the bad ones or get bullied out of their jobs, as happened on the Whistleblower show. The bullying is also directed at the customers who are most vulnerable to coercion and those who complain esp' about poor service and unlawful charges (which as we know generates huge profits) One employee did say something along the lines of "banking is now about sales, targets and bonuses". Sadly it's very clear that conscientious staff and most customers are expendable, particularly if they don't contribute to profits.

It's a mess. The whole financial industry needs overhauling and cleaning up, ASAP.

Guest NATTIE

On post 116, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" and saintgood will be yours alone. How has the whistleblower situation come about? you work it out. Is a bank a sales environment? yes. Does targets and bonuses lead to misselling? Clearly it does happen in any aspect of work. Are there repercussions? Yes sacking which a number of those on whistleblower will be getting. Is there an easy remedy? You tell me. Do all staff missell, commit fraud and generally think only of sales rather than service? No.

I have just received the hearing date from the court in JULY!!!:eek: Why such a long wait? I'm hoping it's due to the number of cases they're dealing with and not because there is something iffy / complicated about my case.

Is anyone else having a long wait too?

Anyway they attatched directions: - "all parties shall deliver to the court...documents on which he intends to rely in the hearing"

I think they have everything so far. But I just want to check if there is anything else I need to supply ie: re complaint above or anything re' the loans taken out to cover the bank charges. Any one have any idesa?

Thanks

Any advice anyone?

Thanks

"all parties shall deliver to the court...documents on which he intends to rely in the hearing" this is meerly means your court bundle, and seeing as though your court date is a little while off yet, then I doubt you have to worry too much about puttting this together yet?

And yes, I'd definately include your letter of complaint just for safe measure. After all, you are meerly providing the court with a detailed account of all the correspondence between you and Natwest.:)

As for the timescale, it is more than likely to do with the fact that they have an influx of claims at the moment, there is every possibility that they may bring your date forward as in most cases the banks do not go to court and chose to settle beforehand. Be patient, you've come this far, your money is only round the corner:)

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

Thanks Muggins, you're a star I've just re-checked the paperwork the court sent i have till the end of April to submit the bundle. But I'll get it ready and put it to one side, so I know it's ready. Hopefully NW will do the decent thing and cough up the cash, you never know!All the best S

As they used to tell me in the scouts. BE PREPARED. Goodluck.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

I'm not sure about decent, but I'm sure you'll get a reasonable offer before you have to submit your bundle.

Here's hoping, as it's an awful lot of paper to have go to waste when they're bound to cough up in the end anyways.

I'll be keeping my fingers and toes and everything else that I can cross (as I'm getting on now LOL!!!) for you, if I can be of service then all you have to do is post.

Good luck.

NATWEST01&02 won over 4k

See how

HALIFAX03

LLOYDS TSB04

10-MAY-07 LBA

ABBEY05

19-SEPT-07 LBA

add-enuff,

Just been having a really good read through your thread , and to say you haven't

had it easy would be the understatement of the year, This atrocious bank continue to push you to the wire. You are very brave and i am sure you will win in the end .

Fortune favours the brave.

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

• 4 weeks later...

YAY!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

CHEQUE FOR FULL AMOUNT FROM COBBLERS

A BIG THANK YOU to all of you who held my hand and helped me through this. This whole process has taught me so much about standing up for myself AND watching my finances more carefully in future. Phew!!!

Good luck and all the best to everyone....I'll remember to donate to this site, just want to stroke the cheque for a bit first;-)