Barclays overdraft please help

tinyones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The SAR was requested back in 2010 and I didn't get anything back from them since that date. The normal CCA template letter to them?

In that case a formal complaint in reference to the failure to comply with the SAR, did you send the £10 stautory fee and was it cashed???

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I received a pile of bank statements and that was it,

nothing other than that was sent to me,

this was in november 2010.

Just looked at my previous thread from that time and I sent the SAR in october 2010.

I moved in december 2010 however the 40 days had easily lapsed.

I followed the advice on here and sent the correct letter with the £10 postal order which was cashed.

Who do I send this complaint to and what letter (template) shall I send thanks in advance.

If the SAR them.was sent initially to Barclays then the letter goes to them.

Headed : Failure to fully comply with Subject Access Request Made

Under the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1998.

The you tell exactly what documents you require.

Also remember that the are not obliged to suppy

a copy of the agreement with a SAR which is covered

by CCA 1974.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

and would I also send a letter to Lowel to say that they arent in a position to send the letters as Barclays are in breach of SAR.

Sorry to sound dumb but what documents am I asking them for?

and in the part where you have said they do not have to supply a copy of the agreement

does this mean I am then laible to pay it to them?

Thanks

Another letter from Lowell today saying that they recently contacted me

and haven't heard from me and that I have 14 days to reply.

Shall I send them a letter saying that Barclay's are in breach of the SAR

and that they aren't in a position to be chasing the debt or are barclay's allowed to let them?

and if not who can I complain too?

I am totally lost now with this whole thing.

If they don't have to send me anything other than statment's is the SAR complete

what documents were they meant to send me

I guess what I am asking it what is required from the bank when a SAR is sent?

Thanks

Edited by tinyones

• 1 year later...

another letter arrived today from Lowell AGAIN 20 MONTHS AFTER THE FIRST letter which I sent

and told them it was in dispute with Barclays failure to comply with the SAR request.

Should I ignore or send the same letter again.

May I add it is also to a new address so have they forgot or trying luck again?

Edited by tinyones
forgot to add points

ignore them just phishing for a mug.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the amount is for the same amount so I am assuming so yes.

I didn't get anything from them first time around and

when just looked at my previous post couldn't believe it is actually the same company sending the letter 20 months later.

I don't know if it has been sold to Lowells just wasn't sure what to send them

received nothing other than this today and received nothing from them last time either.

My credit file doesn't have anything listed on it at all which I thought it would

as I had problems after my husband left and was left with the kids so it was pay or feed kids

and suffering pnd and continued to suffer from depression

have just replied via advice given on here so not sure what to send to them now

as I thought until I found this old thread that it was a different DCA but it isn't

seems then is still with barclays, with their dca chasing on behalf?

there is a cca request type letter re an overdraft around, but not sure where atm.

re your sar, did you ask for ALL data and so not just statements re the o/d (you mention a loan/card also with them)? if so, and you have not received ALL data, then can complain, and take it to the ICO. they should send all data which would include data re any loans/cards, debt recovery, etc with them.

All I received was a pile of statements then it went quiet yes we moved but that was easily 9 months later and since moved again but first letter today. Do I say it is in dispute? send the letter to 'prove alleged debt' or?

looking back,

your post #19 saying that you got a letter from lowells saying it was sold to them from barclays?

so, seems lowells are the 'owner'?

when was the last payment into the o/d?

did you follow brigadiers advice at the time?

I followed advice as listed on here and just didn't hear anything again until today? The letter at the time didn't have my details on it was what looked like a photo copy of a photo copy of barclays headed paper. Should the letter have came direct from Barclays? I just don't get why they left it until now? Feel like I am going round in circles and don't really know what next step to take

a sale notice can come from either, so long as is proper, but usually one does come from the original creditor as well.

so, you have previously done a cca request, and complained further re the sar, as brig suggested?

when was the last payment into the o/d?

Yes I have done all of the above and heard nothing since. I wrote to them and to Barclays and neither replied. I left Barclays as advised by my solicitor when my husband left so he couldn't access my accounts this was back in 2008 around now and as far as I am aware as the overdraft wasn't being used by me it had to be money that continued to be taken out and also charges onto it. I know at the time I was skint as husband left but not in overdraft at time. What should I send them

ok, hold on re sending something for now.

on the statements that you have been sent, when is the last payment into (not out) the account.

also, go through the statements, and add up those charges/fees, see what figure comes up.

I don't have a clue where they are at hand as I have them stored somewhere (moved three times since they were sent) If I can think correctly the charges were arounf £100 of the it and the rest was taken for the card loan and a membership that was for breakdown cover that shouldn't have come out as I had already advised of change of bank so in reality that was taken twice (that being another matter I dealt with the company for the double payment who sorted it) however I didn't know it had been charged to my account until the statements were sent to me via the sar. Shall I just wait and see what is sent next

it could be an idea to dig those statements out, as could be to your benefit if the matter is statute barred, or consists of just o/d fees/charges etc. the result of which could determine what, if anything, you decide to send them. up to you.

is the amount they are claiming under 750£

I would have to turn the loft and garage upside down to find them

4 kids sooo much still boxed up!

It is under £750 £485 on the letter.

Feel likes over last two days sinking depression has set back in as I haven't got a clue about this

and ex husband has walked away without any of this debt and I have the kids to think of.

I just can't understand why I have received two letters in three days r

e: two different debts the same bloody day my divorce came through

after 5 years of fighting that too

aghhh sorry to rant as I am very grateful for the help and advice.

Do I just see what they send next?