Bannatynes unknown CCJ

DCAHell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't see where there can be any compromise here.

Unless the gym is prepared to withdraw their claim and pay your costs, I see nothing to be gained from mediation.

I would contact the Med'n Service once more saying that regrettably, unless the claimant withdraws the claim and agrees to pay your costs, there is nothing about which you feel able to negotiate.

:-)

Edited by slick132
meditation ?? = mediation !!

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

How do quantify my costs do I can make a counter claim?

A counterclaim would cost you money and if you have already submitted a defence then you will need to make application to amend/change which would cost you around £80.00 + I think.

You could prepare a schedule of costs to present to the court in the event that you win. Or I am pretty certain that you can submit them at least 24 hours prior to the hearing date (both to the court and the opposition)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ok so how do I quantify them are there any guideline rates which the court will accept as fair???!!!

Maybe me being a little obtuse, but I dont quite understand your question.

You are entitled to reclaim time and the cost of disbursements up to 2/3rds of what a solicitor would charge.

I have attached some information below that might help.

Wulfsohn, R (on the application of) v Legal Service Commission [2002] EWCA Civ 250 (8 February 2.pdf

Mealing-McLeod v The Common Professional Examination Board 2000 All ER D 436.pdf

The Bill of costs below is one I prepared for a Summary Judgment I took out against a bank.

Bill of costs for forum.pdf

There has been a change in the CPR and you are now entitled to claim £18.00 an hour for your time and I think up to £90.00 a day for any time lost from work. I will find the CPR for you as some Judges appear not to know that this has increased.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?326152-***Change-to-Litigant-in-Person-Rates***&highlight=Litigant+in+Person+-+costs+increased

Post # 1 in the above link is the announcement - post # 3 gives you the CPR number to quote.

HTH

BCOBS

Hi DCAH,

In the Notice giving the hearing date, was anything said about submitting evidence, skeleton argument, defence, etc.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 1 month later...

Hi DCAH,

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.

:wink:

Thanks for the support just got back and court ruled on favour of Bannatynes. They kindly in there words reduced the amount by 40% which takes it to 405.36 which is £10 less than there original claim. The judge ruled in there favour as no evidence to support my claim I was advised of 14 day cooling off period or that I handed on a cancellation form. I handed Bannatynes my costs which are about £876. I don't know what to do now the court said I could issue a claim against them for my costs.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I firmly believe I owe them nothing and I definately cannot afford to pay them that within 14 days nor can I afford a ccj on my record for another 6 years. Can anyone guide me further please? Thanks

Hi DCAH and I'm sorry to hear it went against you.

As you lost the case, you are not able to claim any costs against the gym.

I assume no order for costs was made against you, apart from nominal costs associated with issuing the claim.

You have 30 days to settle the judgement amount in full and avoid the CCJ being registered against you. If you can't pay in full by then, the CCJ will be registered and remain on file for 6 years.

Did you say in court that you need time to pay this. If so, did the judge address the issue.

Hi DCAH,

The judge may have ordered payment within 14 days but I believe you can pay within 30 days to avoid the judgement being registered.

If you can't pay in full within 30 days, the CCJ will be entered on the Register of Judgements, Orders and Fines and remain there for 6 years. However, once the CCJ is paid in full, you can get the register entry altered to show the CCJ as "Satisfied", on payment of a fee and providing proof that the debt is settled.

If nothing was agreed about instalments (because you can't pay it in full within 14 days), you should contact the court. They will need a Form N245.

These two links should tell you what you need :-

http://hmctsformfinder.direct.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=175

http://hmctsformfinder.direct.gov.uk/HMCTS/GetLeaflet.do?court_leaflets_id=237

Edited by slick132
typo

Hi DCAH,

You need to read my last post again as you've misunderstood what I said.

If you don't pay the full amount with 30 days of the court's judgement against you, the CCJ will be entered onto the Register.

If you can't pay the amount within 14 days as ordered by the court, you need to apply for time to pay the amount in instalments using a Form N245.