O2 default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have just checked my credit file and discovered that there is a default on my credit file from O2. Now i dont remember this and from looking at the report this is what i get:

Name Mr

Address

Date of birth

Account type: Telecommunications

Supplier: O2

Account number: ******

Account start date: 19/10/2005

Opening balance: £ 256

Repayment frequency: Monthly

Date of default: 01/11/2006

Default balance: £ 256

Now that has put a default on my credit file every single month since 2006 until now and its carrying on.

I contacted o2 to find out about this and the lady goes that i owe them 256 quid and i should pay it over the phone. told her to **** off in nicer terms.

im not gonna just pay it without doing my own investigation (need to know if i even owe them this money) and if i even did owe that money. As far as i can remember i paid off all my debts and some did go to debt collectors (i was a student back then and finances werent too good) and i paid them all off. If they did send them to debt collectors i doubt they would just leave the amount un collected. I havent had any letters or anything. This record on my credit file has just been piling up without my knowledge every single month for the past 6 years.

When i asked the lady if i can write to someone she goes no there isnt. I didnt just want her word i wanted written confirmation but all she kept saying was to pay the amount.

Kind of stuck now on what to do. Another thing is, this debt is over 6 years old! I dont even remember having an o2 contract (i think i did have one but its so long ago)

Also, if i actually did owe them this money i would have no quibble in paying this if meant i could take all the defaults off the credit report i would pay the bloody 256quid! i need to apply for a mortgage soon and have been working so hard as i knew from my student days my credit was bad. I have been paying off every bill on time, have loads of contracts with t-mobile, sky, landline, everything and every bill is paid on time.

please please help lol

Edited by the dentist

Hi and welcome to CAG

You say this debt is over 6 years old. the default however, isn't. This debt will fall off your file in November of this year.

You don't seem to certain whether you had an account or not. Before you do anything else, you would need to be sure.

Who did you ring? Was it O2 or was it a debt collector?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi Silverfox1961, many thanks for your reply.

I actually rung o2, got the number from their website. I dont even know if the alleged debt was passed to debt collectors thats just my assumption. All the lady could tell me is i owed the money. She couldnt tell me any specifics as the account is so old she didnt have any details. She did ask me if i wanted to pay this debt but didnt really seem to bothered whether i paid or not. I didnt want to part with my hard earned cash to a random company just like that.

Honestly dont even know if i owe them this money or not. I would say i did have an account as she said that i had direct debit with them for a year so im not really disputing that.

If i do genuinely owe them this money then i dont want to avoid paying it as it is only right but my concern is really my credit file. They have been putting this black mark against my name saying i owe them money but they failed to tell me this. I have lived at this same address for nearly 28 years.

Well, in all this time they haven't bothered you to pay up so why should you be bothered to contact them.

This debt may already be Statute Barred meaning they cannot chase you for it.

As the default will fall off in November anyway, In would be inclined to let sleeping dogs lie

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE