arrest threats over dvla fine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my car was repossessed, i sent of the notification to dvla,

months later a debt collection company started hounding me with calls to pay the penalty.

i told them i posted it, they said dvla didnt recieve the mail and that it was my responsibillity to ensure my mail got to dvla.

i kept saying to the debt collection agency that i was not going to be made responsible for dvla not receiving my mail.

now a few days ago i had a letter saying that an arrest warrant would be issued and i would be arrested and held over till the next court sitting...

. unless i contacted them to pay the full sum of £250!

please help what shall i do?

i seem to be banging my head on a wall,

why why why am i being treated this way because the dvla claimed they didnt receive my notification that i didnt own the vehicle any more cos it had been repossed from my forecourt?

Arrest warrant? Who is the DCA and on what grounds do they think you could be arrested?

This doesn't sound quite right.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

hi sidewinder, the letter i have in front of me is from the west midlands central fines unit, it says arrest warning. it states the court has issued a warrant for your arrest because you have not paid money you owe,this means that you will be arrested and may be kept in custody until the next sitting of the courts, at victoria law courts in birmingham.

hi raykay. yes there was a fine which i was paying off in instaments, there must be only £20 or £30 left when i began ignoring it a few years ago. i think i will need to phone the court to find out what its about. thxs raykay.

and who lifted your car in the first place

and why?

no repro co. has any powers to lift a car from your private drive under a finace agreement unless you gave him pernission or he had a court order

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dx100uk. an intimidating guy from the company who were chasing me over not paying the finance off. they got a court order before the guy came to collect it. i cudnt pay the money so i gave him the car keys which he asked for.