CapQuest Reply To CCA Request - halifax CC debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is the text of 2 letters me and my wife received on 06/04/2012 from CapQuest in reply to our request for them, posted 01/02/2012 to send us a copy of the credit agreements re a loan and a credit card.

"Further to recent contact with our office and your request for further information in relation to the above account, we would confirm that your account is now on hold for 28 days whilst we obtain the information required.

If you have any proof of payments or correspondence that would assist with your query, please froward these documents, with a brief covering letter, to our Collections Administration department, so that we can resolve this matter as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

(reproduced signature)

Collections Administration Department

CapQuest Debt Recovery Limited."

Just one question, If the CCA gives them 12 days + 2 to provide the requested credit agreements, why have they put the accounts on hold for 28 days?:???:

One thing above all else do not send

them anything at all.

They are giving themselves some

breating space I think.

If no CCA is through at the end of 12+2

days send the account in dispute letter

from the CAG library.

• Confused 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

We received, on the 11/02/2012, a brief letter from Halifax Card Services in Fife, along with a copy of our CCA letter to CapQuest and the £1.00 postal order. The letter says:

"I refer to your attached letter.

You have not quoted valid account numbers and I can not trace your account with the details provided.

Once you have provided us with a valid 16 digit account number, we will be able to assist you with your enquiry.

Yours faithfully

(reproduced signature)

Anne Gartshore

Senior manager, Customer Services and Support"

Needless to say as the debt is with CapQuest why should Halifax expect us to provide information they should already have? Once again nothingwill be sent to them form us and all correspondence will be addressed to CapQuest.

Was Halifax the Original Creditor? Capquest are a Debt Collection Agency and Debt Purchaser. was the debt or debts sold to Capquest or are they just acting for Halifax?

FS

CapQuest have two accounts. Both of which have been passed from one DCA to another so at this point in time I don't know.

No doubt the ref number you provided is what Capquest provided? DCAs tend to allocate another a/c no. when they chase accounts.

That's the only account number I have. Not that I'd provide Halifax with anything even if I did have a "valid 16 digit account number", which I don't

I am having a similar problem with Capquest. I sent them a CCA in June and then a letter saying the account was in dispute and heard nothing exceot for the letters asking me to give them information! Now I have moved to a new address the phonecalls and letters have begun again. What is my next move?