HFC Account Numbers

big fish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's call the minimum payment x.

If you only paid the minimum and if the minimum payment was 3% of the balance then...

Balance = x / 3 x 100.

If ppi was 0.69% of the balance then apply 0.69% to the calculated balance figure.

Hi All

Thanks for your reply Ims

1. Contacted FSA today and they advised to speak to FOS with whom they work closely to identify trends of poor practice by finnancial institutions.

2. Contacted ICO today over HFC's failure to produce ALL documentation from SAR and then to supply further limited information (3X agreements) with thier last corespondence whilst STILL maintaining ALL info has been destroyed. They are upholding my complaint and will begin to investigate HFC when they recieve my documentation. I have been informed they can use enforcement powers to force compliance in such cases.

3. Contacted FOS today to update with above and recent corespondence. I now have to fill out individual FOS forms for each account. They advised to write and request offer on the account with PPI so far identified. They accept proof of accounts from statements and if HFC fail to produce ALL documentation, decisions will be made on evidence to hand and thier own enquires into PPI on accounts.

Big Fish

Edited by big fish

thats great news

my case with hfc [the lost one]

they ruled that i might have wanted the PPI

though HFC agreed the PPI was mis-sold

lost the case.

yours above sounds intereting, as i have ALL my bank statements showing the payments [PPI ONLY] to HFC

they would not rule on the sole fact that it WAS mis-sold.

they ruled i might have wanted it.

watching with interest!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

No reply from HFC MR Lelli as yet

Below is letter to ICO I sent today along with their standard complaint form.

Dear Sir/Madam

I have collated information below with regard to telephone communications made during attempts to retrieve personal information from HFC Bank Ltd.

01/02/12 - Called HFC Bank 0870 010 0453 requesting information on old accounts and was given following info… account no ********£300 loan? They said it was probably a dummy account!! No other information available.

15/02/12 - Called 0845 602 3793 HFC Loans, Birmingham. Operator stated complaints registered but account information removed and gave dates. Also stated that complaints form had one name but agreement had two!! Letter apparently posted to me on 14/02/12.

20/02/12 - Called HFC spoke to advisor asked for supervisor to ring back. She rang and again stated information destroyed but made reference to account no ******** £300 from 06/08/96.

29/02/12 - Called HFC and spoke to advisor who acknowledged receipt of letter dated 22/02/12 & letter from FOS. She advised reply in 8– 12 weeks from complaint registered on 10/02/12.

16/03/12 - Kellie Glover rang back to say three new complaints are logged under new Ref ********. B&Q Account Card **************** had no PPI. Strange account without PPI is only one showing and is 8-9 years old.

10/04/12 - Called HFC and spoke to Kellie Glover via call centre in India. Asked re final response from 3 FOS forms. New complaint opened 16/03/12 for above response sent 20/03/12 should receive in next three weeks. Failed SAR mentioned. Kellie stated she had written to SAR team today. Kellie stated docs legally have to be destroyed after 6 years and that SAR is unlikely to produce anything. I asked about scanning my bank statements and e-mailing to HFC. Kellie stated can only fax to HFC, she did not give an email as requested. Kellie said they have found account number ******* linked to another. Kellie will link all complaints but last three may have a different ref number. I stated account info from 1997 given from account closed pre 2000, she did not reply, I stated I will write to SAR Team as I have today. Kellie informed me there was no direct number to contact HFC on and that they could not accept e-mail correspondence with attachments e.g. scanned bank statements.

Next I move on to correspondence exchanged between HFC Bank Ltd and myself:

20/01/12 – Letter to HFC Bank Coventry address requesting details from the four accounts numbers I had found on bank statements. No reply received. PPI complaint sent.

14/02/12 – Letter from HFC in reply to PPI complaint form. First mention that records have been securely destroyed.Request for confirmation of home address, this issue was addressed in first letter.

22/02/12 – Letter to HFC Bank Coventry address again requesting information on four account numbers. Stated issue with address and included a copy of first letter again.

20/02/12 – Subject Access Request sent to HFC Bank Head Office at Birmingham address. £10 fee included, all information in any format requested and also sent a copy of my driving license for further proof of identification.

30/03/12 – SAR information received from HFC Bank. Insufficient information was dispatched. Some photocopies relating to a B&Q card account and recent correspondence only.

10/04/12 – Failed SAR letter sent to HFC Bank at Birmingham address. Gave HFC Bank 14 days to respond to failed SAR and reiterated main points of original request.

16/04/12 – Letter from HFC Bank CCA and SAR department. Unable to locate information under SAR request and the now standard all information destroyed. Asked me to send further £10 and all the information I had already sent on 20/02/12. At this point I began to lose heart with the whole process and HFC Banks continued attempts to frustrate the situation.

17/09/12 – Emailed Chief executive at HSBC Bank. Stated concerns regarding failed SAR and all information in any format required.

20/09/12 – Letter from HFC Bank in response to above e-mail. Apologised for failed SAR and again stated all records destroyed.

12/10/12 – Letter from HFC Bank Sameena Malik Complaints Investigator. Confirmed again all account records were securely destroyed, kindly sent deletion certificates.

24/10/12 – Reply to Sameena Malik Complaints Investigator re above also e-mailed to CEO HSBC Bank. Requested confirmation that all data in any form had been destroyed, I suggested otherwise. I sent HFC over 100 photocopies of bank statements and a credit report referencing HFC accounts.

06/11/12 – Reply from HFC Bank Emma Johnson Team Leader. Thanked me for statements and confirmed again all records and relevant documentation regarding accounts had been destroyed.

08/11/12 – I replied to above letter. Clarified some misunderstandings and again requested basic information on all accounts e.g. start/finish dates, amount borrowed and company involved.

26/11/12 – Email sent to CEO HSBC Bank. Explained Post Office informed me letter above had been signed for but no response received.

05/12/12 – Received reply from HFC Bank Operations Manager Steve Lelli. He enclosed three credit agreements and again stated all information regarding accounts had been destroyed! The line “upon reviewing our records”further exasperates as I have been informed on more than a number of occasions that all records i any format have been securely destroyed. He then had the audacity to request I ring to agree settlement offer on one of the “destroyed accounts”. I wrote back asking him to make an offer in writing and await a reply to date.

12/12/12 – sent a letter to FOS having contacted FSA and yourselves.

As you may surmise from the above, the process of obtaining a full and complete SAR from HFC Bank has been the most frustrating and tedious task, remaining unresolved to date. Information is clearly available and should be supplied in its entirety for all accounts as originally requested on 20/02/12. I hope the Commissioner’s Office is able to hold this Company to task and enforce a complete SAR detailing all details of all accounts in any format. It is my opinion that HFC Bank has deliberately frustrated the process in order to prevent valid claims for misold PPI. The whole process has cost me a lot of time, postage and caused undue stress. Please advise me of your intentions.

Yours Sincerely

Big Fish

Edited by big fish
removal of account numbers and no spaces between text pasted from word doc

Hi All

Just a little pointer for identifying account numbers. Phoned PC World helpline today who were able to tell me on 08/08/2003 I purchased a Toshiba laptop. Guess what! it coincides with an HFC agreement number. From postcodes and name they can identify all purchases back to 1992 I was told.

Big Fish

hey that interesting.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Beware though dx I had to wait 10 mins before they answered.

Also had a motorcycle back in the nineties on HP, stolen after 11 months so remaining HP was payed by what was Norwich Union Insurance (now AVIVA). They had details of to whom the account was settled and an account number.

I tried DFS with whom I know a 3 piece suite was purchased on interest free but they said no records exist under my old postcode...I,m sure they used HFC... so that figures!

Edited by big fish

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

Below is an Email I sent to HSBC Chief Exec today.

Dear HSBC

I attach my latest correspondence to a Mr Steve Lelli who has to date left my request unreciprocated. The letter has been signed for as recieved by HFC Bank.

HFC Bank Ltd has been obstructive and reluctant to assist in my claim for misold PPI policies from day one of my complaint. To their credit they have admitted to some mistakes but I still await a response for resolution and full and complete SAR as requested 20th February 2012.

I feel aggrieved that HFC Bank Ltd has acted in a most unprofessional manner from the implementation of PPI on policies through to the investigation stage where there incompetence and deliberate obstruction still lingers.

The ICO are currently investigating your organisation following a complaint I issued detailing your companys continued attempts to frustrate the process of reclaiming missold PPI and failure to comply with the Data Protection Act in issuing full and complete account details from my SAR request. The issuing of three agreements some eight months after the original request, not only proves that data is available, but that sadly HFC Bank have been dishonest and deceptive when continually informing me that all documentation has been destroyed. Please address my continued complaints individually as a matter of urgency.

Yours Sincerely

Mr Big Fish

Hi All

Letter recieved from Mr Lelli yesterday on account with pre crossed PPI that also included another agreement as refinnance. It was for £113.90!

BREAKDOWN STATED 4 PREMIUMS FROM 21/10/02 - 21/01/03 £49.23

INTEREST ADJUSTMENT £17.55

8% £47.12

TOTAL REDRESS £113.90

I have previously sent records of payments below from bank statements

***********9 Budget (Revolving Account)

10/10/02 – 12/03/04 Credit Limit £2500

04/11/02 DD £36.46

05/12/02 DD £56.90

06/01/03 DD £60.40

04/02/03 DD £60.31

07/03/03 DD £75.37

04/04/03 DD £74.58

06/05/03 DD £73.94

04/06/03 DD £76.56

07/07/03 DD £75.91

04/08/03 DD £75.21

04/09/03 DD £74.57

06/10/03 DD £76.33

04/11/03 DD £76.59

05/12/03 DD £75.93

05/01/04 DD £75.23

04/02/04 DD £74.59

08/03/04 DD £74.35

Below is my reply letter to Mr Lelli, he stated no redress could be made on the agreement *******0 as no details just on *******9

Dear Steve Lelli - Operations Manager (Central ComplaintsDepartment)

From your reply of 8th January 2013 I note you have made an offer in writing regarding misold PPI on account *******9 (that also included account *******0). The offer is not acceptable as it does not include ALL of the PPI premiums payed to this account/s. I have already sent a detailed listing (enclosed AGAIN!) of all monthly payments on this account together with bank statements evidencing such. As you are well aware PPI was calculated as a percentage of the outstanding sum and payed on a monthly basis. Might I suggest you compare the information your company has received and make an accurate redress. I also request a breakdown of your offer to include full details of how you have arrived at the compensatory figure.

It appears that despite my attempts to raise my concerns to the highest level, the incompetence of HFC Banks complaints department still remains.Please address all of the issues raised with an increased level of attention to detail and accuracy; customers should not be exposed to such fundamental errors from a banking organisation. This information will be passed on to the ISO,FSA and the FOS as further evidence of HFC Banks perseverance in deliberately frustrating the reclaiming process of misold PPI.

Yours Sincerely

Mr Big Fish

Enclosed: copy of original agreement, details of paymentsmade to account *******9 & *******0.

ANY ADVICE WELCOMED BEFORE I SEND THE ABOVE REPLY. ARE CALCULTIONS INCORRECT AS I ASSUME? PLEASE ADVISE

BIG FISH

no good letter

keep at them

dx

and they

there poss could

if you assume your payments were the minimum required for your bal

then by the figures for int etc on the agreement

you could work out what the bal was

and thus how much was ppi

i think the ppi on those was 13.9% or XXXpence per outstanding 100

dx

and they

Hi dx

The agreement states:

Standard Rate 2 14% per month APR 28 90%

Premiun Rate 2 00% per month APR 26 80% only if minimum debit balance is greater than £3000

Unauthoriseed Rate 2 14% per month APR 28 90%

Insurance Premium 0 69% of the debit balance on the statement date.

Maths is not my strong point! Anyone able to calculate for me?

Big Fish

post 78

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Reply from Mr Lelli HFC Complaints attached inc transaction history

Offer remains unchanged and does not include both accounts so will be declined as I await FOS decision. Please note how HFC have now produced a transaction history despite issuing notice of destruction for this account. I think it is safe to assume that when HFC state no information is available it only applies to the particular storage system they are currently utilising and is by no means an extensive search of all records/formats as requested in SAR.

I do not recall notification or reason for PPI being cancelled so shall ask for records detailing such. Is there anything else I should pen in my reply readers?

BF

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41100[/ATTACH]

So does the transaction history confirm that only 4 premiums were paid?

If it does then it would appear to be an accurate statement from them.

Do you feel that the transaction history is not accurate?

I have no way of proving the accuracy of the account history provided. It is as recieved from HFC but I question why it was cancelled/if it was cancelled and by whom as no other information has been supplied. As for accepting the offer it would not be a fair redress as it does not include the other agreement that was refinanced. THere are also seven more accounts that are with FOS, please advise.

BF

Thanks ims

Letter below posting tomorrow:

Dear Steve Lelli - Operations Manager (Central ComplaintsDepartment)

From your reply of 25th January 2013 I note your offer remains unchanged regarding misold PPI on account 0XXXXXXX (that also included account 4XXXXXXX). The offer is not acceptable as it does reflect a true redress of PPI premiums as accounts were merged.

I note that although HFC continually state information is not available, an account history was produced in your letter dated 25th January 2013. Please explain how this transpired when certificates of destruction were issued for this account (see attachment). All account information was requested in my SAR 21st February 2012.

On the subject of withheld information I request the complete circumstances of the alleged cancellation of PPI on account 0XXXXXXX i.e. how, when and by whom?

Please review your offer in order that a satisfactory resolution can be established. I would appreciate answers to the individual issues raised regarding my accounts. As a further seven accounts with missold PPI are currently with the FOS, the release of All account information would be appreciated by return.

To date a final response has not been received for complaint regarding missold PPI on account XXXXXXXX.

Yours Sincerely

Mr Big Fish

Enclosed: Copy of your certificate of destruction for account 0XXXXXXX

and they

actually i never did sar i had lots of paperwork.

i'll get em one day for unfinished business.

as for the email i'm sure there are HFC enail on here or a search engine

if not use the CEO of HSBC

dx

and they

actually i never did sar i had lots of paperwork.

i'll get em one day for unfinished business.

as for the email i'm sure there are HFC enail on here or a search engine

if not use the CEO of HSBC

dx

Stuart Gulliver Chief Executive Officer HSBC ,

RECORDED DELIVERY

Mr. Stuart T. Gulliver,

Chief Executive Officer,

HSBC Plc.,

8, Canada Square,

London, E14 5HQ

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: