What happens now?

cogsy1976
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I submitted my mcol last Weds 20th I have checked on the MCOL page and it says acknowledged what generally happens now? will they wait the full 28 days and then pay or make another offer, Im getting fed up waiting for MY money funny if you owe HSBC money they are on th phone everyday!, in the meantime they are still collecting £25 each time I go overdrawn so I intend to go back once this is sorted & claim this back.

The waiting is the worst bit. Can tell you what's gone on with our claim and it looks typical in reading lots of other threads. 5 days after you claim, it is deemed delivered. Ours dated 24 Aug, deemed delivered 29th, by the 30th they had acknowledged. They have 28 days from the date delivered.

This is what happened next in our case:

12 Sep, DG requested breakdown of charges - (Deborah D'Aubney)

13 Sep, breakdown sent

15 Sep, received 85% offer (now including 8% and court costs) - (Julie Kyle)

18 Sep, rejected offer - asking for 100% - Really nervous now as 26 Sep.is press the next button day on mcol

21 Sep, received 100% offer - (Julie Kyle)

22 Sep, accepted offer by letter saying we would cease the claim with mcol when the cheque arrives.

Then, this week: 26 Sep letter from the court moving the action to my local court and with an allocation questionaire to file by 14 Oct. Now on mcol it says defending and you can't push any more buttons. Called J.Kyle at DG and left a message.

She called back today (28 Sept) saying we should have the cheque within 7 days and the defence being sent was just because they had to move it along on that date. I think it is geniune. I did point out that if the cheque hadn't arrived by 7 days before the questionaire was due in we would be forced to file it and she assured me the cheque would be here within 7 days.

Good luck cogsy, as i said, the waiting is the hard part. so 2 weeks til the breakdown letter - then 85% offer (more or less) - then full offer. Don't stop the court action until the money has cleared!

• Confused 1

Thanks Lateralus and Cogssy1976 - just the info i've been looking for too. I'm at the same stage - and it feels very nervewracking. Hope both your claims go smoothly...sounds like it's just a question of holding one's nerve.