Overpayment of JSA

Worried_Gal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I signed on for JSA a year ago, and showed them all my bank statements and declared my ISA. I had under £16,000 but enough money that I got some JSA knocked off each week to account for that. During the year I have lived very frugally, I live with my parents caring for my father who is terminally ill, and I put money into the ISA when I got it (sometimes my mum gave me money for my work, I got birthday money, my aunt died and left me a little bit) so I assumed I had less money than I did at the beginning of the year as I was taking money out of it to pay for bills etc.

Anyway I got a letter to say there was a 'query on my account' 2 weeks ago so I took along all my bank statements, they said the problem was I had an ISA and on my record ti says I am getting full JSA (which I am not). I have now had two letters from different depts asking for my bank statements, and I printed everything out and sent it off. I totted up at this stage my savings, and it's managed to be 4k over what I originally claimed. I had no idea, and I am panicking that I will be told I have been overpaid and be sent a massive bill.

To add an extra problem to the mix on the same day I got a letter saying I had a query on my account I got a tax bill from France (I lived there in 2010) for approx 4,500 euros. I've now had to withdraw the extra 4k and pay this bill (I was advised by my tax office in France to pay the bill, then write and complain about it) so now this looks highly suspicious. I sent the Job Centre a copy of the tax bill and explained this is why 4k is now missing from my account.

I am so worried about it all, my Dad has been give around 6 weeks to live so I was hoping to have signed off and got carer's allowance which I am entitled to, but now I am panicking over this. I am not available for work as I have to watch and care for him 24 hours a day. I am going to ring up the CAB this morning, but does anyone have any ideas?