Why have Swinton done this?

no1mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a car insurance policy with Swinton from jan 29 2011 - jan 29 2012

On jan 05 2012 at 3pm I called their Aberystwyth branch & spoke to Bryn (I have a BT record of the call)

I told them I did not want to renew my policy with them, at this time I was told they had actually taken an extra £60 payment & that this would be reimbursed if I did not renew as I had already paid in full - cheeky buggers

On jan 30 2012 I called to ask why I had not been reimbursed the money only to be told they had in fact auto renewed my policy without my permission & would be keeping the £60

I then explained that I had already called & cancelled & they said they had no record of the conversation

I told them I wanted to cancel the policy as I had informed them I did not want to renew & then they charged me £38 cancellation fee

Now Bryn is saying I cannot get my £60 back or the £38 charge, so in effect they have taken £98 off me for less than 24 hours of insurance

What can I do to sort this out

As I was already paid up how can they keep my £60 & as I was 1 day into the cooling off period how can they charge me £38 for cancelling

I am a disabled single mum & cannot afford to keep my car on the road at all now

Make a complaint to Swinton Head Office. The branch you dealt with should have some log or even a recording of the phone call you made to them on 5/1/12. They should look into your complaint properly and not appear to simply dismiss as they have done.

Customer Assistance Team:

• In writing to Swinton, Swinton House, 6 Great Marlborough Street, Manchester M1 5SW.
  • By telephone - call 0845 168 3676 or fax 0161 236 7102.

http://www.swinton.co.uk/terms/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread