Please can anyone help with CAP1 SAR request problem....

bank_hating_plumber
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all any help advice from anyone with a similar experience would be much appreciated…….I have recently sent a SAR off to CAP1 as I have an outstanding account in default with them and up until recently have not been in a position to start repayment, however no that I am I would like to reclaim any charges / PPI that I am owed and repay the balance.However I have now received a reply from CAP1 saying that the signature on my SAR doesn’t match the one held on file and they will not release the documents until I send them a copy of my Driving Licence or Passport.They have acknowledged the £10.00 fee, but CAP1 are also saying that the 40 day limit will not start until they receive the correct documentation.Can anyone advise what I action I should take next?Thanks in advance BHP

Hi

Sorry to say but this is normal procedure and they will get away with it. The Information Commissioner has ok'd it for them to ask for further ID where necessary.

Anything that you send that proves your id and has your signature on it, deface it slightly (just in case)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE