test drive car went on fire, what should i do now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

went to test drive a car, from a small used car dealer, and 5 miles along the road the car started to loose power, and start smoking. pulled over and within 3 mins the car was engulfed in flames! 15 feet in the air. rather scary.

no one was hurt, but should i be telling someone? trading standards? clearly the car wasnt up to scratch and shouldnt have been on the road, never mind for sale. Should i be claiming compensation, maybe as a slap on the wrists for the dealer, im a little shaken up from the whole ordeal?

The car was going to be bought as a family car, for my new baby. if this had happened after i bought it with a baby in the car i dread to think the consequances.

thanks

''should I claim compensation?''

Unbelievable.

Yes, and while you're at it ask for the cost of the fuel and £10 per hour fr yuor wasted time.

Goodness me, people nowadays... no wonder the UK's full of no win no fee lawyers with people like you around.

Can I sue for the distress and frustration of reading this?

Seriously though they have a fair point to a certain extent. Garage/dealer might well have been negligent. However had they bought the car there is no evidence to suggest it wouldn't have been delivered safe and there is no evidence posted that they would have bought the car anyway.

OP could be exposed to driving without insurance.......... What gets me is the reliance on babies. What difference does it make? It could have been the disabled grandmother.

Sorry to appear callous but some of the posts on the transport forum are getting beyond belief at the moment as do some of the responses.

Yes you can sue fro the distress of reading this, provided it wasn't your fault you read it in the first place.

''Garage/dealer might well have been negligent.''... no, who in their right mind would send someone out on their own in a car that was going to catch fire?

The OP should call ''Doowee, Cheetham & Howe''... the finest no win, no fee solicitors in the land.

Yes it could have been a baby, or a grandmother, but just suppose it had been a kitten or a puppy for goodness sake. It doesn't bear thinking about.