Lloyds TSB Discrepancy

Fenris
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'll preface this by saying I know it's not a massive amount, but I'm finding it slightly disconcerting!

Recently I've discovered that every time I check my Classic account online there's £1 missing! First time it happened I just assumed I'd forgotten something, but couldn't place it. Second time it happened I got a little more concerned as I was short on money. Now it seems to happen every time I check my account online. I've just checked my account now to see if a payment's been taken and, low and behold, I'm short by a quid again!

Does this happen to anyone else? Is it just a glitch in the system somewhere? I'm only asking here because I keep forgetting about it! It's only because I've literally just checked my account and it's happened again.

If it's just happening to me I'll get it checked out, but if it's a glitch in the system there's nothing I can do but report it and hope Lloyds pull their collective finger out and fix it. Just thought I'd see if anyone else is affected before I make an issue out of it.

Cheers!

Hi

I've never heard of this before.

Do you mean there is an actual transaction for £1 or the balance is £1 out.

Doesn't matter if its only £1....if it happens every time you check your account,and you could be checking it 3 or 4 times a day, thats going to mount up.

ims

It's the balance out by £1. So if I've got, say, £100 balance, but I've got £20 in pre-auth, that should leave an actual balance of £80, but Lloyds are saying I've got an actual balance of £79. It's really odd!

It's not mounting up or anything, it's just always out by £1. Which is fine when I've got money to spare, but there are times when I've only got a tenner in there and I don't have an overdraft. I don't want to incur a fee because of a £1 discrepancy on their part.

Have you purchased something online? Or in fact used your debit card to purchase anything.. sometimes companies do a check to ensure there is sufficient monies in the account and they "reserve" a sum of money. It can be as little as a few pence.

If not, then I would ask your bank what is going on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Yes, it's called "Pre-autherisation" :D I've accounted for any pre-auths and no, I've ordered nothing for £1. What can one buy for a quid these days?! :o

Hmm, not a lot :lol:

Sorry, then I have no other ideas and think you need to have a word with the bank, I think we would all like to know what is going on !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 months later...

a pre-auth is usually a company doing an authorisation check to confirm your account and details, if you apply for a mobile phone for instance they will do this, the account should be automatically refunded however. if not contact the bank, you may need to change your card, if its vizsa though the card details can automatically be updated at the companies end and it will carry on.