Advice needed please. Dealing with DCA and Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey folks, can I remind you that I'm entrusting my next moves to your advice. There is always a different point of views wherever you might find yourself, but let's not fall out over them please. I'm not worried about debt avoidance, I've been paying these people for the last seven years or more, but I don't agree with the amount they claim (they bought?) is correct.

Over the years I must have paid them far more than they purchased the debt for, so I think it's time to call it quits by whatever means. Please remember that these were the folks that were pushing me to pay more - only because they were afraid that I might die before I paid them! If you need to get angry, get angry at them - not each other.

Thanks,

Don.

We have a big difference of opinion Don..... it's entirely up to you how you wish to proceed.

Good luck in whatever you decide.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a shame what just happened there, I thought we all shared a common bond?

Anyway, update.

I received a letter from the DCA which informs me that they are unable to provide the paperwork I requested as the original creditor have failed to supply it. Therefore they say they are are 'closing their file'. having said that they then go on to say that I still owe them the (disputed amount) of money, and at any future time should they come into possession of the CCA I requested they will reopen the case.

My thoughts on this are twofold. Firstly relief of course, as other forum members suspected I now feel they were simply leaching me of cash. My second concern is the mention of re-opening the file at some future date. Even if this can't or never will happen I don't feel it is right to allow them to hold onto it. The figure they originally purchased as 'debt' owed by me is incorrect, so no matter if they did reopen the file the figure would remain incorrect and in dispute.

Is there any official way I can make this clear? I simply want to make sure that whatever unsatisfied debt they consider they own is not the incorrect figure that they are bandying around. I don't want to be held accountable for a sum I don't owe either now or at any future date.

so what did the cra file about this debt?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You can get a £2 statutory credit report by

post and provide alternative ID evidence.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

has to be your card sadly

it not for payment

but for verification only

not got any card with visa or debit on it

you'll have to use the £2PO method

see my sig.

shame you didn't do this 6 weeks ago........

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

shame you didn't do this 6 weeks ago........dx

I'll try to get one by post then. Excuse me for being a bit thick regarding this but what exactly would have happened had I done it six weeks ago? How would I have benefit from that I mean? I know I've a lot to come to learn regarding these financial goings on so I'm still unclear as to how it benefits me to have the report.

What am I looking for and how would having the info earlier have helped? I suppose that's what I'm driving at. I need to know this stuff so that I can tell others without telling them wrong you see.

Not sure if you are able to use Noddle. They are a free site although you will get adverts in your inbox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Your credit files are a mine of information on

the status of your credit accounts, defaults,

late payments, missed payments default dates,

last payment dates, CCJs you may not know

about, searches being made by DCAs and others.

If a debt does not show it COULD mean that it is

statute barred.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I have just used my bank account debit card on that noddle site mentioned above and it worked. I found that I have a good credit rating, and as dx guessed there was no sign or mention of the money that First Credit were taking from me. I have indeed been diddled good style! I've been paying them back since 2004.

Isn't telling outright lies to glean money from folk illegal? First Credit have taken a good couple of thousand pounds off me relating to that, and the cheeky b****rds wanted me to pay more before I went and died on them! Good god what type of world has this become.

Edited by silverfox1961
swearing

i'm sorry but yet again' the get the cca mob' led you astray.

ok i'd write a stern letter to all those that have been fleecing you demanding the money back

cant hurt.

not sure an sar to each OC night help, if there ARE penalty charges within 6yrs you can get back

or PPI, if there ws ppi then thats still up for grabs as there is not time limit.

but the 6yrs rule for holding paperwork might work against you.

dx

and they

I know DX and I get some ''stick'' for recommending use

of the CRAs, they are a useful tool for everyone in debt

or not!!!!:madgrin:

I have just used my bank account debit card on that noddle site mentioned above and it worked. I found that I have a good credit rating, and as dx guessed there was no sign or mention of the money that First Credit were taking from me.

Bear in mind that noddle/callcredit are the least used of the three main agencies, I have several debts that don't show on that one but do on the others so don't take noddle on it's lonesome as gospel.

Bear in mind that noddle/callcredit are the least used of the three main agencies, I have several debts that don't show on that one but do on the others so don't take noddle on it's lonesome as gospel.

Agreed but rather than sign up to Experian and Equifax online, just fill out the paper forms. Ok, it will cost £2 each but I much prefer it to the 30 day 'free' trial that if you forget to cancel, you get stung.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Absolutely, I only use noddle because it's free and as a true Scotsman it's impossible to resist :)

On a related note, I see you have said on several threads about getting bombarded with ads if you sign up for noddle...I have to say I've had none, not a dicky bird, admittedly maybe it's because my credit rating is so bad that NO ONE will sell me anything financial :D

Give it time. Since I signed up, my spam folder has more than trebled with ads. I do get one from Wowcher which I know is passed on from Noddle

yea i'd agree with them:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

dx

and they