question about bailiffs

lindsey20
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

a baliff keeps coming round my house because i havent paid my council tax, hes been here a few times now, and i havent answered, he posted a letter saying i will start taking things from your property this weekend, or i will take your vehicle, (not registered to me) but i have a dog (a very big dog) that attacks the door when someone just knocks at it, will they come in the house? how do they get in? and what will they do to the dog? please help!

Personally, I'd starve the dog and leave the front door unlocked!

But on a more practical note, the bailiff cannot break in and take anything. The only way he can get in is if you let him in. .[That being said, watch tonights

programme about bailiffs at 9pm]. To be safe, do not leave your car near your

house so that they cannot clamp it.

However you have to sort the matter out-difficult though it may be. It is so much

easier to stick your head in the sand and hope the thing will go away. It won't.

For a list of charges that the bailiffs can levy go here as they frequently overcharge

and it gives you time, if you query their charges.

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 02 Bailiffs And Council Tax

If you agree that you do owe the council money, check with them and see if you

can bypass the bailiffs and pay the council a regular sum monthly.

To hold the bailiffs up and give your self some breathing space, write to them

saying that you require a copy of your debt. There is a letter in the following thread that you can copy thanks to Seminole.

.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/3525-debt-collection-agencies.html