Insurance policy cancelled

alan66
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4563 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have recently been charged with riding a motorcycle without insurance. The reason this happened is that the company cancelled my back in August, I did not receive any notification of their intent to do this; I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone will be able to help me with:

1. Does this notification letter have to be sent by recorded delivery to ensure the letter is received?

2. What is the best form of defence to this charge, I have chosen to go to court and not pay the Fixed Penalty Charge of £200 and 6 points.

Thanks in anticipation of any help

ok

how many letters did the insurance company send out to you.

was you paying by direct debit.

personally i would speak to the insurance company.

your case would be you. you have sent sent the items needed and can produce the original documents. what need you from the insurance company is a letter confirming that had you been in an accident. because you had the documents requested. but for some reason they had not received them . they would have covered you.

the police would then drop the case.

if you paid by direct debit and only ever paid the deposit. then they would likely refuse to help because of lack of payments given you missed 4 payments without raising it

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.

ok

how many letters did the insurance company send out to you.

was you paying by direct debit.

personally i would speak to the insurance company.

your case would be you. you have sent sent the items needed and can produce the original documents. what need you from the insurance company is a letter confirming that had you been in an accident. because you had the documents requested. but for some reason they had not received them . they would have covered you.

the police would then drop the case.

if you paid by direct debit and only ever paid the deposit. then they would likely refuse to help because of lack of payments given you missed 4 payments without raising it

Thanks for that. I will speak to them and see what they say. Do you know if the cancellation letter needs to be sent recorded delivery?