• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cahoot - PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This worked brilliantly. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! (It added another £300 in interest to my claim - in fact, another £1 has been added since I filled it in last night!) Claim sent off today. Do you know roughly, on average, how long banks take to get back to you?

This worked brilliantly. Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou! (It added another £300 in interest to my claim - in fact, another £1 has been added since I filled it in last night!) Claim sent off today. Do you know roughly, on average, how long banks take to get back to you?

Hi

Excellent...glad it worked OK for you.

The banks have 16 weeks to investigate ppi claims and give you a final decision before you can pass it to fos so it is a waiting game now.

Regards

ims

I'm still waiting for a reply to a SAR request from Cahoot too - and the 40 days is up tomorrow.

If your SAR stuff doesn't turn up then write to them saying they are in breach of the DPA and that if you don't receive your information within 14 days you will be reporting the matter to the ICO and may consider legal action to force compliance.

Regards

ims

Edited by ims21

I also have a flexi loan with Cahoot they have transferred it to Santander how do I know if there is PPI on this loan - probably being thick here but really dont know if it is on the loan?

Thanks

Hi

If you haven't got your agreement and/or statements you will need to send a SAR as outlined earlier in this thread.

ims

Hi Cornishpixie,

Good Luck with Cahoot - I spent more than an hour on the phone to them today - and had to ring SEVEN numbers just to be told they hadn't a clue what I was talking about!

Anyway, use this address to senda Subject Access Request to Cahoot, to see if you have paid PPI:

Complaints Dept,

Cahoot,

PO Box 968,

Bradford,

BD1 9EL

I used a London address, but was told today it was the wrong one...

Has anyone been successful in asking Cahoot for a SAR?The deadline for a response to my request was today, a Sunday, so I suppose it may turn up tomorrow. (Although I'm not holding my breath).Apparently I sent the SAR request to the wrong address (London instead of Bradford) - and a Cahoot telephone person said it takes three to five working days to send the request from London to Bradford as it is treated as "second class internal mail."I have repeatedly tried to find out if Cahoot are dealing with my request, but with no joy.I know the letter arrived in London on September 13 and was signed for there. However, despite ringing SEVEN different numbers, I haven't been able to track down anyone who can help.

If they have not complied within 40 days of receipt then they are in breach of the DPA.

Write and tell them so and that if you do not receive your information within 14 days you will be reporting their failure to the ICO and are preparing court action to force compliance.

Personally I'd not bother with the phone myself.

ims

I have just received information on my Cahoot flexi loan account following a SAR request...and it seems rather strange.

Firstly, although I took the loan out eight years ago, I wasn't charged for PPI for a year - according to the SAR information. PPI only kicked in when I used the wothdrawal facility of the loan for the first time.

I have been sent a "Credit agreement" for the flexible loan, and there is no mention of PPI on it.

Secondly, the SAR info is not complete.There is no record of my transactions for the past 18 months - although PPI wasn't much over theis time, and I can just guess at it I suppose.

Should I justpress ahead with my claim anyway?

Hi you really need all the statements during the period that PPI was paid to enable you to calculate the full amount of PPI you are claiming back + interest.

Do Cahoot give any reason why the last 18 months statements are missing,very often the reply to the SAR often arrives in 2 separate packages.Any way ask the question,if they are unhelpful then calculate/guess the amount,that usually gets things moving.

Regards FS

Hi Annie

Responding to your PM.

See my thoughts in red below

Regards

ims

I have just received information on my Cahoot flexi loan account following a SAR request...and it seems rather strange.

Firstly, although I took the loan out eight years ago, I wasn't charged for PPI for a year - according to the SAR information. PPI only kicked in when I used the wothdrawal facility of the loan for the first time.

PPI is only charged on this type of loan when there is a balance due to the lender. All the time the balance is zero or the account is in credit then there will be no PPI premium payable

I have been sent a "Credit agreement" for the flexible loan, and there is no mention of PPI on it.

No surprise there. Don't forget, banks are known to have just slapped it on without the customer's knowledge or agreement

Secondly, the SAR info is not complete.There is no record of my transactions for the past 18 months - although PPI wasn't much over theis time, and I can just guess at it I suppose.

Is the 40 days up? If not, I'd wait until it is up as sometimes information is sent in more than one package. If it is up then you can send the failed SAR letter whch is in the CAG library.

Should I justpress ahead with my claim anyway?

You could do but I always think it best to have as much information as you can get, even if that means waiting a bit longer for them to complete the SAR.

"Firstly, although I took the loan out eight years ago, I wasn't charged for PPI for a year - according to the SAR information. PPI only kicked in when I used the wothdrawal facility of the loan for the first time.PPI is only charged on this type of loan when there is a balance due to the lender. All the time the balance is zero or the account is in credit then there will be no PPI premium payable."SORRY: Should have made this clearer.It was a flexible loan so, although I initially borrowed £10k, I was allowed to borrow more from the original sum once I had paid some back. So... I paid back more than 1k over the first year, then withdrew the cash I had paid in and started again. This was when the PPI first kicked in. I just don't understand why. Surely I should have been paying the PPI when I borrowed the original 10k, and not when i used the withdrawal facility?

Hi

Well it could be that they just slipped PPI on to the account at a later date "under the radar" so to speak. Doesn't really matter that they didn't charge it for the first year....just means you have nothing to claim back for the first year. I wouldn't get too bogged down in that aspect of it myself.

ims

Hi

Well it could be that they just slipped PPI on to the account at a later date "under the radar" so to speak. Doesn't really matter that they didn't charge it for the first year....just means you have nothing to claim back for the first year. I wouldn't get too bogged down in that aspect of it myself.

ims

Cheers IMS - I just found it really confusing.Claim in the post tomorrow!By the way - do you think it would be possible to claim seperately for the hefty interest rise the loan had. (From 5percent to 19%) I read somewhere on here that Santander/Cahoot were now paying out for this - as they had admitted it was wrong...Or should I just lump the claim together?

• 1 month later...

Can anyone give me a general idea of how long Cahoot/Santander take to discuss/settle/make a decision on a PPI claim?

I put in a claim with Cahoot several weeks ago, sent by recorded delivery to a Bradford PO Box address,

but have yet to hear anything from the company.

A pal of mine made a successful claim to Santander/Abbey earlier in the year, receiving a pay out within two weeks.

He got a phone call just one day after the claim arrived with the firm, and the money was in his account two weeks later

.Has anyone else made a PPI claim with Cahoot?

I would love to know what procedures they had to go through after sending off the claim.

Thankyou.

Hi

For claims received on or after 1st Sept 2011 they will have a max of 12 weeks to give you a decision.

There will probably be some threads in the Cahoot and/or PPI forums

ims

Can anyone who has had experience of cahoot help?